Who do the press think makes the calls

Silva Citizen

Today I have read

1. City to sign Sterling
2. City To Sign Henderson
3. City to Sack Pellegreni
4. City To sack Txiki

I know the papers make it up. But I read all of this in the same paper. Who is Signing these players, and why would they come to such an un settled environment.

I have decided its all bollocks, and until we go back to one man running the playing side (i.e the man that signs the players, trains the player, does the tactics etc) is the ONLY man accountable, then if it does not work we should always sack both men....

Thoughts please.

Was going to post the same advice....

Newspapers sole purpose is to sell the story, gaining profits.
The more you believe it the more you will pay for it.
If not directly by buying a paper then by viewing the adverts on their websites.

Done experiments on here where we have created a "rumour" and allowed it to spread via Twitter and it then trickled onto the morning rags...

They don't know shit.

We were signing Ronaldo the other week according to Sky. Then the source of the story Graham Hunter is on Revisita de la liga saying he's going nowhere.

Ignore the press in the next few weeks as they will be sharpening their poison pens Aguero leaving should fill a few back pages when there's a no news day, followed by the usual rags in for Ronaldo, Bale and Hummels. It's easy work if you can get it being a sports journo.

None of my mates or I buy/read papers or watch SSN. I'll put the Colin Murray show on talkSPORT on sometimes as there are some decent sporting guests on sometimes but that's about it.

I realised on about 3rd September 2008 that the media is a complete irrelevance to anything a sporting club does. They do not influence or hold back or boost or have any impact whatsoever on anything at all. People who think they do live in a dream world. For a number of years now too they are not even cutting edge neither with social media being WELL ahead of the journos' game these days. By the time something makes "news" millions already know it through social media.

The journalists world has come to an end, they are a total irrelevance. How they keep their jobs is beyond me because they're all just speculators or shit stirrers and nothing more. They hold no cards and have no fingers in any pies. They are a thing of the past like Grandstand and the Sporting Pink.

I can spend fifteen minutes on bluemoon-MCFC and fifteen minutes on Twitter and get more up to date information than spending a full week reading or listening to journalists.

KippaxCitizen said:
None of my mates or I buy/read papers or watch SSN. I'll put the Colin Murray show on talkSPORT on sometimes as there are some decent sporting guests on sometimes but that's about it.

I realised on about 3rd September 2008 that the media is a complete irrelevance to anything a sporting club does. They do not influence or hold back or boost or have any impact whatsoever on anything at all. People who think they do live in a dream world. For a number of years now too they are not even cutting edge neither with social media being WELL ahead of the journos' game these days. By the time something makes "news" millions already know it through social media.

The journalists world has come to an end, they are a total irrelevance. How they keep their jobs is beyond me because they're all just speculators or shit stirrers and nothing more. They hold no cards and have no fingers in any pies. They are a thing of the past like Grandstand and the Sporting Pink.

I can spend fifteen minutes on bluemoon-MCFC and fifteen minutes on Twitter and get more up to date information than spending a full week reading or listening to journalists.
Agree totally. Newspapers are irrelevant these days and have been for a number of years. I stopped buying them many moons ago.

I like the gossip pages on BBC Sport which will say something along the lines of Sterling going to City for £35m according to the Sun or Sterling going nowhere according to the Mirror. Meanwhile for the next few weeks it will be the rags signing every stellar player on the planet whilst we stumble from one catastrophe to another. Aguero, Silva and Kompany will all leave to be replaced by a triple swoop on Klanfield - Lambert, Kolo Toure and Joe Allen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.