who do you think we should bring in next summer?

I think it should be 'what' do we bring in next season. Names are immaterial. We need a partner for Silva. Someone who has a mindset that football should be played going forward to yer opponent's penalty area, and at a pace above a brisk 4mph. And someone to replace the 25 goals a season that appears to be buggerin' off in July.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I think it should be 'what' do we bring in next season. Names are immaterial. We need a partner for Silva. Someone who has a mindset that football should be played going forward to yer opponent's penalty area, and at a pace above a brisk 4mph. And someone to replace the 25 goals a season that appears to be buggerin' off in July.

exactly, adel taarabt could be perfect with silva

I agree we need players who can up the tempo but we do have players that can do that already, the manager likes the slower game so maybe that is where the problem is? Lets Hope Tevez stays as we need him at the moment, maybe he goes after we have someone to replace him??? Lets see what unfolds.

Young said:
leonoon said:
How many more players do you think you really want since Mancini has spent more than £100million on new players already?

It is not about players. It is about how good you use the current players. Barry and Milner were Aston Villa best players back then. Full of speed and influence. Look at how they played under Mancini.

Edin Dzeko was German Champion. He scored against Man Utd with ease. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

David Silva struggled at first. But thanks to Tevez helping him. He looks good.

Kolarov was the player that Mourinho wanted to buy. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

Be4 considering who to bring in next summer, perhaps better to consider if a new manager should come in.

Kompany was our average defensive cover. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

De Jong was good but people rarely talks about him outside. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

Tevez wasn't challenging for top goalscorer in the past. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

Micah Richards OFTEN always loses concentration. Look at how he played now under Mancini.

Kompany was bought as a defensive midfielder which is why he was used as defensive cover. It's only because we failed to sign a (decent) centre half that he's now become who he is today. I don't think Mancini has anything to with it, I just think Vinny is class.

De Jong was bought on the back end of a serious knee injury and even under Hughes you could tell that the guy was going to be class, again nothing to do with Mancini.

Richards is getting better but is still prone to his old habits.

Tevez has always been a class striker. Doesn't always have prolofic seasons (look what he's been like since Feb) but has consistantly worked his arse off under any manager.

These players aren't Mancini's signings so your arguements flawed. Mancini main big money signings have flopped so far apart from Silva.

In the summer the prioritity is to bring in a new manager who knows the premier league and how to get the best out of expensive, egotistical, mercenary bastards. There's really only one man.

citijin said:

Wasn't that Taarabt released by Spurs (or certainly sold by Spurs)? I don't get what all the fuss is with him. He's got a nice touch but he's hardly world class.

nevilletogoater-in said:
citijin said:

Wasn't that Taarabt released by Spurs (or certainly sold by Spurs)? I don't get what all the fuss is with him. He's got a nice touch but he's hardly world class.
Yep, thats him. He wasn't good enough for Spurs. Paul Hawksby labelled him as 'talented, but like the selfish kid in school who wouldn't pass to anyone'. He is also very temperamental and thinks more of himself than what he actually is. He is on a par with Malbranque for me, Newcastle or Villa class at best. Certainly no-where near good enough for us and with the ego's in our squad at present, another tantrum-prone player is the last thing we need unless it is an absolute world beater.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.