Who Else Has Been to All 3 European Finals?

Yep, it was on the metro!

Saw a network of Roma working like clockwork on the Metro, and locals told me plenty of these groups had travelled in from different towns for a weekend's 'work'. I tried to warn another group of blues to move carriage as I overheard a conversation but was given short shrift, they got off very lucky thankfully.

I was in Vienna in 1970 (it took about three days for my clothes to dry out after the deluge!).

I was in Porto two years ago. A great trip, although I had my wallet stolen, paid 385 quid for a ticket, and Pep fcuked it up!

I'll be in Istanbul from Thursday lunchtime.

How many more of us will be attending their third European final watching City?
Impressive to have done all 3

That’s great and I congratulate you. Just one point if disagreement. Pep didn’t fuck it up as you put it. Some of the players he selected didn’t perform on the night and by the way Sterling wasn’t one of them.

That’s great and I congratulate you. Just one point if disagreement. Pep didn’t fuck it up as you put it. Some of the players he selected didn’t perform on the night and by the way Sterling wasn’t one of them.

Think you’re in a very small minority who don’t think he fucked it up at least a little bit.

I’ve never seen so many people look at a team sheet and all simultaneously mouth… What the fuck?

My dad went to Vienna with his mate who’s sadly no longer with us. Dad still regales us with stories of how he was like a drowned rat in the open bowl stadium! I then went to Porto with him and we’re going to Istanbul together too so it will be his third final. He’s now 74 and still loving going home and away. There must only be a very select handful of fans who have done all three, would be nice if City recognised them in some way?

ps the year after we won the ECWC in Vienna City went on a good run in the competition again in 1971 and came up against Chelsea in the semi. Feeling confident by that point that we’d go all the way again my dad and his mate booked a trip to Athens as that was where the final was that year. Of course we lost in the semi but they still went to Greece for a holiday anyway and just bought (inexpensive!) tickets from a kiosk in the street and went to the final anyway (Chelsea played Madrid). The game went to a replay and they went to the replay too! How times have changed, can you imagine being able to pick up inexpensive tickets a couple of days before the game these days for a final?!

My dad went to Vienna with his mate who’s sadly no longer with us. Dad still regales us with stories of how he was like a drowned rat in the open bowl stadium! I then went to Porto with him and we’re going to Istanbul together too so it will be his third final. He’s now 74 and still loving going home and away. There must only be a very select handful of fans who have done all three, would be nice if City recognised them in some way?

ps the year after we won the ECWC in Vienna City went on a good run in the competition again in 1971 and came up against Chelsea in the semi. Feeling confident by that point that we’d go all the way again my dad and his mate booked a trip to Athens as that was where the final was that year. Of course we lost in the semi but they still went to Greece for a holiday anyway and just bought (inexpensive!) tickets from a kiosk in the street and went to the final anyway (Chelsea played Madrid). The game went to a replay and they went to the replay too! How times have changed, can you imagine being able to pick up inexpensive tickets a couple of days before the game these days for a final?!
Great story. Well done to your dad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.