Who else is crazy excited for the window to open?

We can't really judge Mancini until he's got his own team in.

So he needs to buy at least 11 new players by my reckoning before we can tell if he's going to be a success or not.

de niro said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Not crazy excited cos I'm quite happy with the squad we've got. I'm deifnitely intrigued now Bobby's in charge though, I was actually angry at the thought of hughes being able to waste more money

he did'nt waste that much, HIS players won 3-0 last night.

THIS

Trying to stay with realistic signings

Hope Bobby can bring in a few defenders (Maicon, Chiellini, Davide Santon) maybe a midfield play maker (De Rossi) and a striker (Aguero, Balotelli or Villa)

As long as the players we bring in are an improvement on what we currently have

I hope we don't spend big, obviously not because of the money but because I think it's better for the team and the team spirit.
We only need some cover for three positions.
A centre back (Cordoba would do for me), a central midfielder (Ireland, Barry or De Jong will get injured or suspended at some point) and a striker (I'd prefer a tall one who never gets injured).

Traore from arsenal please he has been very impressive since he has stepped in from the injured clichy and gibbs so it could be possible to get him as he is 3rd choice from the scum and clichy and gibbs are proberly back soon

We still need a creative midfielder as Superman is our only option and he seems to have lost his form a little. I suspect that Roberto will buy a good player from Italy or possibly Germany but unsure who.

Lord BLue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Not crazy excited cos I'm quite happy with the squad we've got. I'm deifnitely intrigued now Bobby's in charge though, I was actually angry at the thought of hughes being able to waste more money

are you for real? i can't really imagine our money would have been any better spent by anyone else. maybe similarly well, but particularly better. would anyone else have gone for Given, Kompany, De Jong or Bellamy?

Lescott £24 million, Toure £16 million. And if his rumoured targets were true, he was about to waste a whole lot more

de niro said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

It's not hard to sign a good squad of players when you're given over £200 million to spend. It's not like he plucked unkown gems who turned out to be quality footballers (Kompany apart), he just vastly overpaid for players already based in the prem

The Fat el Hombre said:
de niro said:

It's not hard to sign a good squad of players when you're given over £200 million to spend. It's not like he plucked unkown gems who turned out to be quality footballers (Kompany apart), he just vastly overpaid for players already based in the prem

I agree that the fees for Lescott and Toure were heavily inflated, but I think Lescott could turn out a very good buy. He is still relatively young for a centre half and was just beginning to show some good form until his injury, I would partner him with Kompany when he's fit again and play Toure at RB, with a top class LB added to the squad in January.

yellamcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I agree that the fees for Lescott and Toure were heavily inflated, but I think Lescott could turn out a very good buy. He is still relatively young for a centre half and was just beginning to show some good form until his injury, I would partner him with Kompany when he's fit again and play Toure at RB, with a top class LB added to the squad in January.

At 27 I don't think you can class him so much as young and he isn't going to get any better. AT £24 million there is no way I can believe that he was the best option available for the money we were paying and it's because Hughes was only willing to sign prem players as he was unwilling to come out of his comfort zone. Ditto Santa Cruz at £17 million, Toure at £16 million, Bridge at £11 million and Bellamy at £12 million or whatever it was although that one has paid off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.