Who else is Wembleyed out?

I'm not doing F.A. Cup this year. After last years 2 games I was knackered.
I'm 66 now had a bypass 2 years ago.
It's a long long day.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the CL then it'll be time to have a rethink.

I do wonder what the age demographic of our fan-base is because that would affect the club's planning. Bearing in mind we had phenomenal support even when we were shit, I'd imagine that we have a high proportion of "legacy" (ie old) fans like ourselves who are of, or coming up to, "concession" time and are, on average, living longer. Can that be sustainable in terms of the "business" ? I'm not sure.

It's a painful experience not helped by shit kick off times and hardly any decent public transport back. If we reach the final we have no idea what time the ko will be. ITV is fucked as they will be showing the rugby union's Champions Cup final which starts at 2.45 and probably won't want that on ITV2 or 4 or even clashing with the FA Cup final so no doubt the final will be at the mercy of the broadcasters again regardless of the fans.

In general I love a trip to Wembley to watch City. I will probably avoid the Community Shield in future, as it's just a glorified friendly, but apart from that I would always try and go.

I do wonder what the age demographic of our fan-base is because that would affect the club's planning. Bearing in mind we had phenomenal support even when we were shit, I'd imagine that we have a high proportion of "legacy" (ie old) fans like ourselves who are of, or coming up to, "concession" time and are, on average, living longer. Can that be sustainable in terms of the "business" ? I'm not sure.

I think that is precisely the whole thing behind the various acrobatics in recent seasons with the season card (Silver, now Flexi etc.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.