Who Else Wants To Rip This Appalling Article Apart?

United are in a better position than City in that most players already want to join them, but when that is not the case, think Alan Shearer in the past or Karim Benzema this summer, they accept defeat with dignity and look elsewhere. It is interesting that United have just signed Michael Owen on a free. They might have liked him in his pomp, but it is simply not United's style to lay siege to rival clubs or try to wear down their star players with repeated offers. Everton fans might protest about Wayne Rooney, but the club needed to sell and in the end the player wanted to go. Dimitar Berbatov was desperate to leave Spurs once he discovered United were interested. Ferguson knew he was pushing on an open door and at least Spurs did what selling clubs have to do and extracted top price. Forest were looking to sell Roy Keane, Leeds did not know what to do with Eric Cantona, then could not afford to keep Rio Ferdinand, and so on.

That paragraph is fucking laughable, especially the bit I've highlighted

notreallyhere said:
City could learn a lesson in HUMILITY from the rags??

I nearly died with laughter at that one, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (repeat to fade) ...

That was the bit that nearly made me fall off my chair.

Perhaps dignity means tapping up players then selling them quick when people find out ? Perhaps dignity is telling a rival club that you would rather give them a virus instead of selling them a player ? Perhaps dignity is telling your own supporters that you don't need them and to go ahead and form a different club ? Perhaps dignity is saying one of your players got a bit heated and didn't deserve a nine match ban for finishing another players career. Perhaps dignity is refusing to let a reporter into a press meeting because he once critisized your club ?
Perhaps dignity is provoking other managers before big games ? Perhaps dignity is allowing a fat bloke/chairman wearing a united top to kick a ball into the goal before a match ? Perhaps dignity is pointing to your watch after 20 minutes of extra time when your team is losing and explaining to the ref that there's still four hours to go, or until my team scores ? Perhaps dignity is watching your near neighbours buying hard working players to get them out of the third tier of english football while you are spending millions on(better ?) players ?
PERHAPS DIGNITY IS NOT DIGNIFYING THAT CRETIN WITH THIS POST ? But what the hell, he is only an Everton fan , no dignity there.

Dignity and humility? Does kidnapping players at an airport equate to that these days? Come off it. Another lazy arrogant trophy-chasing rag journo. Seriously, I usually don't give a toss but that article is so unbelievably dire it's hard not to comment.

NQT said:
United are in a better position than City in that most players already want to join them, but when that is not the case, think Alan Shearer in the past or Karim Benzema this summer, they accept defeat with dignity and look elsewhere. It is interesting that United have just signed Michael Owen on a free. They might have liked him in his pomp, but it is simply not United's style to lay siege to rival clubs or try to wear down their star players with repeated offers. Everton fans might protest about Wayne Rooney, but the club needed to sell and in the end the player wanted to go. Dimitar Berbatov was desperate to leave Spurs once he discovered United were interested. Ferguson knew he was pushing on an open door and at least Spurs did what selling clubs have to do and extracted top price. Forest were looking to sell Roy Keane, Leeds did not know what to do with Eric Cantona, then could not afford to keep Rio Ferdinand, and so on.

That paragraph is fucking laughable, especially the bit I've highlighted

Owen Hargreaves springs immediately to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.