Who gets the assist for David's goal? Kun or Mario?

pudge said:
SebastianBlue said:
pudge said:
When it happened I initially thought it was Vermaelen who cleared it, but the replay from behind the goal has me thinking Aguero just botched his header lol

Or did the somewhat sensible thing and realised that if he followed through Vermaelen was probably going to put his boot through his temple and knock him out cold and potentially give him a concussion, with little chance of a goal outcome. In short, he pulled up slightly to cause trouble but fight another day. Worked out well on both fronts.
I doubt that all that ran through his mind in a split second, in the middle of a match, one yard out from goal.

Brown nose much? lol

Who would I be brown nosing? If I actually knew Kun, yes, I probably would. :-P

And I wasn't saying he sat down for tea in his mind and thought it through over biscuits, but I am asserting that people are able to assess situations like that very, very quickly. I have done it (avoided a horrible accident doing it, actually), you have done it, we have all done it. It's just basic risk analysis.

The thought process probably went more like this:

"la cabeza le duele, sin meta, tenga cuidado." ( Argentian Spanish, of course. ;-) )

Blue Haze said:
adzmcfc134 said:
Opta haven't given it to either of them. I just checked and they've gone for Silva intercepted Vermaelens attempted clearance.

That's how I saw it.
I cant agree, Aguero headed across goal to Silva IMO as two "reliable" sources,
From BBC report:
"Balotelli checked his run to stay onside and cut in from the left to play a key part in the goal. His shot was saved again by Szczesny but when the ball broke to Silva, following Aguero's headed attempt, the Spaniard made no mistake from two yards out for his sixth of the season"
From Guardian:
"Balotelli...hit a fierce low shot which Wojciech Szczesny could only parry to Sergio Agüero, whose header across goal was prodded in by David Silva."

Barcon said:
Kun never touched the ball, if he did, it would have went in the net.
He "misheaded" it across the goal as two reports I have quoted above. Its inconclusive from the OS match highlights but multi camera angles from Live Sky HD showed it was off Aguero's head.

Barcon said:
No offence mate but, I couldn't care less about the reports, I have played back the goal many times and he didn't touch it.
No offence taken, I respect your opinion, but I still dont agree.

I too have watched the goal played back many times. Vermalen does stick a foot out which is close to Silva's head but IMO the balls trajectory is more likely to come from the head of Silva than Vermalen!
The best I can find on Youtube is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3As0XmZJ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3As0XmZJ0</a> However the quality is poor.

The view that convinced me was from behind the goal but I cant find footage of that!
I didnt record the game myself.

If you can find footage that shows otherwise I would be interested. I did think of tweeting Sergio to ask him!
We will probably have to agree to disagree on this one mate! :-))

Barcon said:
No offence mate but, I couldn't care less about the reports, I have played back the goal many times and he didn't touch it.

Well you are wrong. Aguero headed the ball across the goal and Silva reacted first to score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.