Who Had One Of These Back In The Day

Got mine in Halfords of all places, WTF? My gran sewed number 7 on the home kit and 8 on the away.

There would have been a fair few blues delighted when opening one of these treasure boxes over a Christmas or birthday back in the day.

View attachment 104603

View attachment 104604
So, I’m guessing this is 1977/1978 ish?
Scotland - because they were the only GB club at the World Cup in 78?
Celtic & Rangers, for the Scottish kids.
Liverpool because they were the most successful club in that period.
City, for most attractive football, presumably, and 2 decades before we started our history…

What, if any, team pics were on the back?

Yep I remember getting one when I was a young lad off my Nan. I remember thinking it would be something crap by the feel of it before I unwrapped it. Once I saw what it was I was absolutely buzzing and immediately put it on and kept it on all Xmas day. Unfortunately I spilled gravy down it while having my Xmas dinner and the stain never came out :(

You bunch of bastards!

My mum and dad used to tell (lie to) me that "You can't buy the kits, they're just for the players" and I had to make do with whatever blue (often not even sky) nylon monstrosity they were knocking out on Gorton market at that time, and I'm not talking "knock off City kits" here, I'm talking "long sleeved blue nylon T-shirt". Cunts couldn't even be arsed getting a sew-on badge for it either.

No amount of therapy rids me of this heartbreak!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.