Who had the better season?

Thaksinssoldier

Hey all,

Before answering this one, I am talking purely in terms of this season. Not where they'll be 5 years from now.

So on the basis of that, who do you think had the better season, Phil Foden or Jadon Sancho?

Take anything you want into account, trophies, minutes, money paid etc.

Who do you think had the better season of the two?

I don't know how you can say without the context of the future, for both what lies ahead of them should be far greater than what they are currently doing so everything should be seen through the prism of future development.
Foden won a fair bit more, Sancho played more first team football I'm not sure that the two at slightly different ages (edit they are virtually identical but Sancho appears physically a bit more mature) and now in different leagues are directly comparable but both will be pleased with what they did. ( And I haven't seen the Bundesliga to comment on the performances.)

Last edited:
Sancho had more minutes more goals and more assists. Foden more medals. Depends what you are referring to exactly.

Sancho made the right decision to leave in my opinion, if thats what this thread is going to turn in to.

Sancho had more minutes more goals and more assists. Foden more medals. Depends what you are referring to exactly.

That's the question. Both have claim to say they have had.

We can re-visit and ask the same question next year.

But I'm interesting in what people think right now, who had the better season, the lad who won the trophies or the lad who contributed more for his team.

Looking forward to peoples thoughts.

But I'm interesting in what people think right now, who had the better season, the lad who won the trophies or the lad who contributed more for his team.

Foden also played and won under 17 World Cup and was voted player of the tournament. Sancho didn't participate in knockout phase. . Something else that needs to be taken into consideration with this question I feel.

Tough one.

Foden also played and won under 17 World Cup and was voted player of the tournament. Sancho didn't participate in knockout phase. . Something else that needs to be taken into consideration with this question I feel.

Great point.

I'm not asking so people can jump on Sancho, I genuinely think both have a case here.

dunno really, Sancho got more game time in the league as he joined a weaker squad and played for a team that plodded slightly to 55 pts from 34 games. I honestly didnt see many minutes from Sancho, and what i saw was ok/good, given the fact he is 18.

I have seen all of Foden this season and thought he, in the main, played some pretty good stuff. I think he only shone once or maybe twice, but everything else was pretty decent. Again the context is he is 17. He only got two starts but played in 10 games overall.

Foden for me, thought his peaks were higher than Sancho's. can't really comment on overall season long consistency.

I'd say right now, with long careers ahead of them (hopefully) Sancho will think he has had the better season, but if they both ended their careers tomorrow it would be Phil Foden telling his grandkids about the time he won the premier league, which is a much better story than the time I scored in the bundesliga.

Sancho played frequently, Foden played bit parts infrequently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.