Who is a bluemoon forum original ?

I love it! I lurked for a while before I plucked up the courage to join and it was a little while before I posted anything. I was scared of saying something wrong!
But I remember you Bill (de Niro) ‘accosting’ :-) me at an away match and asking if I was Eccles Blue. I was gobsmacked that you would guess.
Then we were at a European away game and staying in the same hotel and after a drink I was walking away to the lift to go to my room and heard someone say ‘Excuse me’ and it was Ric. He made my year when he said he had wanted to meet me and Bill had pointed me out. He said something to the effect that he admired me because I went to the games & travelled on my own. I was super embarrassed because it was Ric, the boss! The big man being kind to me.
This place has been a lifeline especially this past year. The camaraderie, the ‘fights’, the jokes, the match day threads, everything about it is great.
Thank you @Ric and thank you Bill and everyone on Bluemoon. Long may you ‘reign’.
Here, have a cuppa!

0_300x300_Back_Color-White.jpg

Crazy as it sounds I agree with you mate. When we was shit it was only the last few games that had you shitting a brick if you dropped points now it’s every game. Plus we kicked off at 3 on a Saturday.

Don’t get me wrong winning silverware was the stuff of dreams back then and I can’t see us getting a rendition of “stick your treble up your arse” going anytime soon but I still miss that City

maybe its just old school and proper football with players hungry and the love for the big game
its funny how city would turn up to some big games and turn them over home or away ? like blackburn leeds newcastle man united at home hahaha even liverpool we played better both home and away back then

i always remember a noel gallagher quote that he said man city are a great team of winning the great games like spurs away in the cup but never win silverware

maybe its just old school and proper football with players hungry and the love for the big game
its funny how city would turn up to some big games and turn them over home or away ? like blackburn leeds newcastle man united at home hahaha even liverpool we played better both home and away back then

i always remember a noel gallagher quote that he said man city are a great team of winning the great games like spurs away in the cup but never win silverware

Typical city. Even told myself that at 2-0 down in the playoffs - and at 2-2! Fuck they’ve put us through it over the years. From the sublime to the ridiculous in minutes but I’d not have it any other way and players seem to have genuinely loved playing for us.

We’re a funny lot. Never seemed to matter the score if it weren’t the scum, we always found a funny side to it. You’d always get the nod and a hello from a fellow blue anywhere in the world when you’d come across them - not sure that’s still be the case mind with our newer fans. Ah well price of progress

Typical city. Even told myself that at 2-0 down in the playoffs - and at 2-2! Fuck they’ve put us through it over the years. From the sublime to the ridiculous in minutes but I’d not have it any other way and players seem to have genuinely loved playing for us.

We’re a funny lot. Never seemed to matter the score if it weren’t the scum, we always found a funny side to it. You’d always get the nod and a hello from a fellow blue anywhere in the world when you’d come across them - not sure that’s still be the case mind with our newer fans. Ah well price of progress

i still that today haha every blue i see. its all right blue

I was looking for blue movies and i stumbled onto the site way back before this 1. There had to of been one before this 1. Or my memory is totally fucked. From Tipsers to Thank Fuck Barry is gone I dont get on as much any more a little 2 year old crazy girl put paid to that. Mad for football already I cant go into a shop without buying her a ball. So anyone looking for a ball give me a shout lol.

Mancity.net was an early forum set up by Scall. He was a really nice guy but everyone on there seemed to offer each other out all the time. I seem to remember a regular called Stephen.

Scall was a regular on Talkin' City and I think he was one of the Faroe Islands group with @Bill who tried to get there on the trawler.

I first started out on talkin city, then went onto Wookies lair, then ended up on citymancs.

I never knew bluemoon existed until someone on citymancs posted a link to it, then I joined here too and this is the only site I use now

Used to read Mancityfans.net occasionally but the layout was awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.