Who Is City's Worst Referee?

Lee Mason is a straight-up coont no doubt about it. But he also easily could have called what would have been a soft penno on Kolarov and didn't.

I never can remember getting done by a ref the way Bottleburg did at kKanfailed last spring. That might in part have just been him being intimidated by their special little day or whatnot.

Andre Marriner is bad for just about anyone as he thinks people are paying to come see him. Dodgy penno calls in added time for dramatic effect, etc.

But I hate that fat card-happy twat Phil Dowd more than any of them since Howard ragg has retired. He has about as much business being a ref as my grandmum. And she died two years ago.

Walton (retired) and Mason (should be ended)

mason is such a corrupt referee.
Fair play to our six fingered friends, they came with a plan to waste time, feign injury, kick and elbow our players.

But the refereeing performance by Mason was disgusting, 2 elbows on Aguero and tackles from behind in first 5 minutes and he turned the blind eye.
He must have had money riding on this as it's been a long time since I have seen such an inept refereeing performance.

He was pathetic, allowed Stoke to waste time at every opportunity, I'm sure he was at it

On a side note, how the fuck did the linesman not see it and flagged it ? also Aguero gave load shout for a pen for handball (before the Yaya one) was that pen or wasn't it ?

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Walton (retired) and Mason (should be ended)

mason is such a corrupt referee.
Fair play to our six fingered friends, they came with a plan to waste time, feign injury, kick and elbow our players.

But the refereeing performance by Mason was disgusting, 2 elbows on Aguero and tackles from behind in first 5 minutes and he turned the blind eye.
He must have had money riding on this as it's been a long time since I have seen such an inept refereeing performance.

He was pathetic, allowed Stoke to waste time at every opportunity, I'm sure he was at it

I think Brenda's comments from last year might have influenced him here. Looked like he was desperate not to be seen to give City anything, being from 'Greater Manchester'. That said, I don't think he looked to give Stoke anything, just not give anything to City.
What he did, yesterday, which is unforgivable for a referee, as far as I'm concerned, is he had a guess and gave something he didn't see. I don't mind them not giving decisions (offsides, penalties etc) if they haven't seen it. Where I get hacked off is with the decisions given for things that haven't happened. Toure yesterday for example. Don't give the penalty by all means, if you are not sure. It does not mean it has to be a dive, just no penalty. Same goes for offsides that aren't. Don't mind it the other way (should have been given but wasn't, especially when the experts have drawn lines across the pitch, frozen the picture and had 6 looks at it!)
Give what you see and don't give what you don't. Can't be that difficult!

Manchester City: Fouls. 14
Stoke City: Fouls. 5

When has that ever happened in a game before today? Stoke players were apparently fouled nearly 3 times more than City players were at The Etihad. Thought Mason was piss poor today, not saying he was for or against either side, just piss poor. Nobody wants to see diving, but if you're going to book someone for it, at least make sure he's dived because it may result in a player missing an important match later in the season.

de niro said:
The Chief said:
There's always been talk about Clattenburg, Dowd and even Webb pre-retirement but for me Mason has always been our absolute nemesis in recent years. From his 1st game reffing us (an evening one about 4-5 years ago?) he has screwed us over with his decisions and is my nomination.

Anyone else concur or is there a more unworthy candidate?

walton but now he's gone its mason by a mile.

not a poor ref, just an out and out cheat.

I agree 100%

kev20971 said:
On a side note, how the fuck did the linesman not see it and flagged it ? also Aguero gave load shout for a pen for handball (before the Yaya one) was that pen or wasn't it ?
Yaya's was 100% a penalty, but not a chance Aguero's was, his shot hit one players leg and then cannoned out of the sliding players upper arm. Ball to hand.

aguero93:20 said:
kev20971 said:
Yaya's was 100% a penalty, but not a chance Aguero's was, his shot hit one players leg and then cannoned out of the sliding players upper arm. Ball to hand.
Wonder if Phil Dowd knows that interpretation? Micah Richards at Klanfield anyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.