Who is the best left midfielder we could buy?

ChicagoBlue

Been following the Reus thread. Currently, I see only one major "hole" in the City team and that is a left sided, two way, midfielder who will not go missing late in the game with the game on the line and City with their backs to the wall.

Who fits that bill?

Which player, anywhere in the world, can play both ways, chip in with a few goals, and nail down the left side of midfield when the tackles start flying and we need to hold on to a result?

And how much would it cost to fill the only hole we have in the team?

Is Reus the man? Is it Pogba? Both?

OR, is it someone less visible who is doing the business for someone not on the front pages every week! Is there a diamond in the rough, or do we have to pay for an Antwerp diamond, fully cut and top price?

Our evolution into a top European team is almost complete, but I think our major problem is a midfield that does dominate on both sides of the ball.

Don't think reus is the man for the job which your describing but I think he's what we need on the left. To me he seems hardworking on the press but not a Milner type of hardworking player in defence, what he can do though is lead a counter attack superbly if we was to be holding a lead. The thought of him aguero and navas countering together is frightening with the amount of pace they have, particularly f silva is feeding them for this

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Reus is the most available, but we could take a youngster on someone like Depay.

I think Depay flatters to deceive and is not in the same class as any of our other midfielders. Plus, his claim to fame is a long range shot. How often do we do that?

Bale or Reus.

Neither should really be out of our range either.

Kolarov would be an amazing fit in that position if only he was a bit better at passing and not tortoise like in pace.

When did Bale last play on the left and he isn't a realistic signing considering FFP and the fact that he's at real.

I like the look of Konoplyanka who will be a free agent in June and we could sign him on a pre-contract in January.

Reus is probably the most coveted. I'd throw Muniain onto that list. I like him a lot although he's maybe not got the physical presence that Bale/Reus etc have. Don't see Bale leaving Madrid anytime soon so that's a no starter.

The player I'd have chosen unfortunately got sold to United and has been their best player since his sale. Di Maria is a wonderful player and makes so much happen for the team.

Draxler would be the man I'd plump for failing a bid for Bale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.