who remembers

shadygiz said:
The cookie monster said:
FuZzY said:
Burtons Fish 'n' Chips were the best
Good shout, salt n vinegar.

can still get them

Where? Thought they had finished manufacturing them in the early 90's?

MCFC 4 EVER said:
BlueMo' said:
The old "toffee shops" were great.
Mint humbugs.
Lemon bon bons.
Uncle Joes mintballs.
Saw them in Asda or Tesco the other day, really nice mints

You can still get all them now.

FuZzY said:
shadygiz said:
The cookie monster said:

can still get them

i just done a google search as i was sure i saw these in a shop the other day ;/

maybe not......they started making them again in the 90's, but ceased production again around 2003<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:28 pm --<br /><br />
Gaylord du Bois said:
What about Victory Vs, are they still around ?

victory V's are still around and fishermans friends...i have some in the car ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/victory-v-p-190.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/victory-v-p-190.html</a>

FuZzY said:
shadygiz said:
The cookie monster said:

can still get them

MCFC 4 EVER said:
BlueMo' said:
The old "toffee shops" were great.
Mint humbugs.
Lemon bon bons.
Uncle Joes mintballs.
Saw them in Asda or Tesco the other day, really nice mints

You can still get all them now.

I used to love all the jars lined up on the shelves behind the counter.
A qrtr of your choice in a paper bag.
Liquorice and blackcurrant.

These were the Burtons Fish n chips:

41799_330667474315_5398557_n.jpg

Used to love Texan Bars too

images

Just had a look on that site Shady at the Spacedust, but can't find the one I remember they used to do. Think it was called that anyway. It crackled when you put it on your tongue.

Remember some other sweets as well. Used to get them in a packet of five I think. Bit like those jawbreakers, but smaller. They were red and hot. Not sure if they were called Fireballs?

shadygiz said:
FuZzY said:
shadygiz said:
can still get them

i just done a google search as i was sure i saw these in a shop the other day ;/

maybe not......they started making them again in the 90's, but ceased production again around 2003

-- Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:28 pm --

Gaylord du Bois said:
What about Victory Vs, are they still around ?

victory V's are still around and fishermans friends...i have some in the car ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/victory-v-p-190.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/victory-v-p-190.html</a>
I had quite an addiction to Fishermans friends once. Used to love V.vs as a kid. I've just googled V.vs and in the original recipe they contained Chloroform and Ether !!

FuZzY said:
These were the Burtons Fish n chips:

41799_330667474315_5398557_n.jpg

Used to love Texan Bars too

images

Just had a look on that site Shady at the Spacedust, but can't find the one I remember they used to do. Think it was called that anyway. It crackled when you put it on your tongue.

Remember some other sweets as well. Used to get them in a packet of five I think. Bit like those jawbreakers, but smaller. They were red and hot. Not sure if they were called Fireballs?

you can still get the space dust, my lad came home with some the other day...i tried some on my tongue and was immediately 13yr old again....i ended up nicking the packet off him and retreated to the corner of the room to reminisce ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.