who should stay - who should go and who should come in

Hope that De Jong and Dzeko stay. I thought that Sunday showed that, whatever Dzeko's weaknesses are, in certain situations we need a different type of player like him. De Jong's issues seems to be financial which hopefully can be sorted.

Hope that Tevez goes. Cant trust him.

Expect Kolo, Kolarov, Johnson, Hargreaves, Pizarro and the other loaned out players to go.

Would like to keep Savic but send him on loan

Still cant make my mind up about Balotelli. Would probably give him a last chance but only if we can get the other strikers positions nailed down and are not relying him as one of only three strikers.

Needs are a replacvement for Tevez. Some more pace. A big, physical centre back that can back up Kompany rather than just play alongside him.

The executive summary is that I’d buy Chiellini, Javi Martinez, Hazard, Bale and Cavani and sell AJ, Dzeko, RSC, Ade, Kolo, Savic, Kolarov, Bridge, Boyata and sundry fringe players. If we could do that, I guess it would be affordable and would probably see us retain the title and have a good UCL campaign plus have an excellent chance of winning a domestic cup.

OUT: Adebayor, Bridge, Cruz, Kolarov, Dzeko, Kolo, Pizarro,

IN: Hazard - to play out wide & cover for Silva

Then we need cover someone to challenge Lescott and cover for Kompany, A quality striker who is proven - not RVP as he gets injured to often and is now 29.

Hopefully De Jong will stay

Post what I did in other thread:

Sign:
Pantilimon on permanent deal (think there is a set fee), Yanga-M'Biwa (Good solid defender who can cover all off back 4, looked good this year captining Montpellier to league title), N'Zonzi (should be available on the cheap but would loan out as i see him as a good replacement for Barry year after next), Witsel/Sahin (if available on loan), Sigurðsson (Amazing player said so since I watched him for reading), Hazard, Hoilett (On a free im guessing AJ will move on), Sturridge (1 year left on contract and looks likley to leave, good player and Mancini will make him better/less greedy, also club trained for CL), Ibrahimovic (swap for Tevez), Cavani (If Dzeko is seen to like Ibra, also Edin might want 1st team football).

Sell all dead meat,
Should get decent money for Dzeko and Kolorov,
Loan; N'Zonzi, Savic, Guidetti, Weiss, Razak.

My 25 man squad -
Gk - Hart, Pantilimon, Taylor. (3)
LB - Clichy (Zabaleta/ Yanga-M'Biwa can both cover well). (1)
RB - Richards, Zabaleta. (2)
CB - Kompany, Lescott, Boyata, Yanga-M'Biwa. (4)
CM - De Jong, Barry (N'Zonzi to replace year after next), Milner, Yaya, Witsel/Sahin(loan). (5)
CAM- Silva, Nasri, Sigurðsson. (3)
Wingers - Hazard, Sturridge, Hoilett. (3)
Strikers - Balotelli, Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Cavani. (4)

Home grown; Hart, Taylor, Clichy, Richards, Boyata, Barry, Milner, Sigurðsson, Sturridge, Hoilett. (10).
Club trained; Hart, Richards, Boyata, Sturridge. (4)

Mancini said we will rival spending off Barca/Madrid so lets do it, this squad would win us everything in my opinion.

get rid of adam johnson,milner,ballotelli tevez ,kolarov ,pizzarro, add quality centreback who can cover left back and central midfielder and falcao for striker, job donne maybe a couple of upcoming youngsters.

I made this post in some another topic here :

I still don't believe city has to spend hundred of millions every season ESPECIALLY with the FFP coming .

1.I still believe Tevez is a good player who can get us double digit goals for at least 3 more seasons , He should stay (hate him or love him you just can't deny the fact that he is arguably the most feared attacker in the EPL ...I mean an out of form tevez scored 5 goals in 2 games !!).

2. Chellini is wonderful BUT age isn't on his side and its a well known fact that Italian footballers are obsessed with playing and staying at ITALY for example apart from santon i can't really think of another quality italian player in the EPL so I wouldn't want to gamble with another Tevez / home sick player saga. THEREFORE i would go with THIAGO SILVA . He is younger than Lescott and Chellini and has been voted the BEST defender in the SERIE A for some time now . He would totally fit into our defense and his pairing with Kompany would be like building the GREAT WALL OF CHINA right at the etihad stadium.

3. Kolo , Savic , Dzeko , Kolarov (Zab would cover perfectly for kolarov) , wayne bridge , Adam Johnson (I really like this guy BUT he just isn't doing it for us as a winger)and cruz should all be sold . The FFP is coming real soon besides we need to do real BUSINESS (buy and sell) in the coming season . I believe this sales can raise about 80million or MORE .

4.Take advantage of adebayors loan to tottenham by offering cash + Adebayor for Bale . I can't over emphasize why we need BALE . He is a work horse (I have seen harry play him as a Winger , LB when ekotto was injured , midfielder and he has played these positions PERFECTLY )and there would be heavy rotation between him and Yaya PLUS imagine both of them playing together in a crucial game ...WOW!!

5.Maybe Lassana diarra / Sahin to cover for Barry / Dejong . A team like City should comfortably challenge for a treble next season (PL , FA CUP , UCL) so we need heavy team rotation .

T.SILVA = about 35/40Million (A well deserved cost ...Fergie paid the same for rio years back).

BALE= Adebayor + 20Million

Lass/ Sahin= 15Million . A total estimate of about 75Million . A cost that can be raised from selling players without the sheikh spending a dime .

We must remember that while we make suggestions about who we should buy and who we should sell teams like ACMILAN that has lost about 7 of their key players due to retirement / sales would be desperately in the transfer market and they would be interested in some of the players we are also interested in . Mancini and the transfer team need to ACT FAST .

It will be 2 or 3 new iincoming players for the first team. Anyone mentioning over 3 players is probably already wrong.

I'd buy the 2 Belgians and call it a summer. Hazzard and Vertonghen.

Hazard looks a dead cert for me.
Llorente rumoured to be coming too, could signal the end for mario or dzeko.
I really rate alex song and he is good cover for yaya, barry, de jong etc. Also will be cheap.
Also keen on baines, he's english and both him and kolarov have similar dead ball abilities but baines can defend.
Savic has been thrown in at the deep end, has potential and should be sent out on loan not sold, we could do we an old-ish centre back who would bring champions league experience!

IN: hazard, Llorente, alex song, baines, hightly experienced CB (thiago silva possibly)
OUT: kolarov.

Not going to happen, but I could see us easily retaining the prem with these signings.

You only have to watch inside city to see what players like kolorov and dzeko offer, they are great footballers and squad members but they also inject fun and banter into the dressing room its what brings the lads together and a huge part of why we won the title. we dont have a huge squad so i only want to see those who play no part to be gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.