Who was your Manager?

Les McDowell was my first manager. I am not so sure he would have lasted for so long today. He was the man behind the "Revie Plan" where City went against the thinking of the day which was to have a big bustling centre forward that would run through walls to head anything in the box and used Revie as a very deep lying forward that confused the lumbering centre halves that frequented the game.
The plan got off to an inauspicious start at Deepdale when we got battered by four or five. We persevered and it gradually paid off, of course getting to consecutive Cup finals in 55 and 56.
Mac was in charge in the season when we managed to score over 100 goals, unfortunately we managed to let in over 100. I began going to away games in the second half of the fiftys with a group of pals all aged around 11years. (It would not happen nowadays.) One of our first away adventures was down to Wolverhampton on the football special, travelling in anticipation and excitement. The return journey was very quiet though, we got battered by, I think, 8-2.
From memory the police had to be called to clear the front of the stadium when we were relegated in 62 with the crowd chanting "Sack Mac", and for once we got we wanted.
I might be wrong about all of this because people keep telling me that we have no history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.