Who will replace Silva ?

Milner plays in the exact same position, dosnt take a genius to work it out.

or go with 2 strikers + 2 wingers? theres plenty options..

pretty stupid thread.

Milner, AJ, SWP...if Silva's on the wings.

If he's behind Adebayor, then most likely Tevez, or Ireland (if he stays).

the OP depends on what formation we THINK mancini is going to play.

Ive heard that Silva might even be used on the left wing?

Tevez City said:
I am wondering who will replace Silva if he is ( injured , in a bad form , or not available ) ?

Robinho and Bellamy can do the job , but unfortunately both of them seems like leaving the club.
Looking at this mornings Sun, you are spot on about Bellamy. Also, I'm hoping Silva won't be replaced due to bad form. Christ, following the Robinho fiasco, the last thing we need is another misfiring big signing (Jo, Robinho, RSC - we've had more than our fair share).

carrconormcfc said:
20sbc07 said:
Milner plays in the exact same position, dosnt take a genius to work it out.

or go with 2 strikers + 2 wingers? theres plenty options..

pretty stupid thread.
Milner plays in a completely different position. Pretty stupid answer.

To answer the question, Robinho.
This is hilarious. Milner can play out wide like Silva or centrally, also like Silva, and this may be his best position. You then suggest Robinho without a hint of humour! Yet you call the first guy's answer "pretty stupid". Brilliant.

Its taken a while for me to cotton on at what is happening at City but as I see it versatility and interchangeability is the key. In the Valencia game for the first time ever watching City, I saw a Central defender swap with a full back during a game without a substitution being made which had the effect of us scoring a goal and I suspect Mancini wants this ability to adapt and chance throughout the team. I also saw in that game SWP start on the left wing, go to the right wing and end up playing where Silva started. Again Kompany moving from defence to holding midfield. The acquisition of Milner will allow us to use him anywhere in midfield. I think the old days of having players allocated to specific roles are over. Furthermore as has been suggested Robinho is back in favour he plays almost an identical roll to that of Silva but that isn't to say they can't play in the same team. I am starting to be very optimistic about this season and look forward to us confusing the hell out of the opposition because we can not only change formation but players as well.

Tevez City said:
I am wondering who will replace Silva if he is ( injured , in a bad form , or not available ) ?

Robinho and Bellamy can do the job , but unfortunately both of them seems like leaving the club.

Berti!

malg said:
Tevez City said:

Looking at this mornings Sun, you are spot on about Bellamy. Also, I'm hoping Silva won't be replaced due to bad form. Christ, following the Robinho fiasco, the last thing we need is another misfiring big signing (Jo, Robinho, RSC - we've had more than our fair share).
The difference between Silva and those 3 is that RSC had a record of persistent injuries and he was one of Hughes' signings. Robinho wouldn't work for the team, and wasn't really the player we needed as such. Jo is starting to come good (like Malouda did) but he wasn't necessarily the player we needed, and he wasn't much of a hard worker either. Silva can play in a few different positions, works hard, and is exactly the type of player we need. he is creative, and we've already seen that he can link up play very well between the midfield and attack, with Tevez in particular. I don't think Silva will flop-he's too good and too much of a team player. He will no doubt be instrumental this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.