Who will the non-England fans be backing in the World Cup?

My heritage is English and Dutch, as are my football affiliations.

Of course, if Canada ever qualified again...

Ok, you can stop laughing now.

Ricster said:
3 teams i'll be following are for obvious reasons, Argentina and Slovakia, but will also be following Serbia, i think they have a great outside chance of winning the whole tournament

aah, that old chestnut. this has been said for as long as i can remember. right back to yugoslavia at italia '90.<br /><br />-- Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm --<br /><br />
There is a light said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Fair enough mate.

I'd have thought 14 years in England taking our cash was enough for you to feel an affinity to be honest ;-)

Each to their own though

Ha, I am contributing to the local economy!

NI fans see England as their rivals, although I understand the rivalry isn't really reciprocated. To be honest, I didn't used to have a problem with England in big tournaments until recent tournaments, but these days I cannot stand how everyone becomes England fans for the month whether they know anything about football or not. The transportation of the pissed up English high street to the World Cup Finals and European Championships particularly irritates me as well. I remember a Panorama programme a few years back in Germany when some idiots from some backwater town were picking on a Tunisia fan for supposedly being Turkish and poured beer over a Brazilian fans head as he was on his own. Too many dickheads latch on to England for my liking.

yep, because we are the only country where people get behind their team during a tournament. those people who packed windsor park v england are just as passionate when you play san marino. and all them lovely brazilian girls at world cup are obsessed with corinthians, flamengo and vasco de gama.

I'd like to see England do well due to the City contingient and seeing as I've lived in England and support and English side and have a few English mates (well, the odd brit talks to me!).
I do hate some of the right wing In-ger-lund crap that seems to pop up foloowing the national side though and the fact that the media builds everyone into a frenzy where they believe only England has a chance of actually winning the thing is comical to say the least.
I wouldn't support anyone apart from Ireland but I'd prefer England to win it ahead of the other big nations unless there was money involved!
I reckon Argentina are the best value for anyone having a punt, Maradona will have to temper his continual changes though.

i ll support england...to the point of not cheering but wishing them well. also i hope all the african nations do well! but i think the two "top dog" teams like argentina and spain should do well....both are due a long campaign!!!! good luck to them!!!!

Ivory Coast for me. I got them in the sweep stake at work, I also drew them out the hat for my mates World Cup party as well as putting money on them last year at 60/1. Somebody must be trying to tell me something with me constantly picking them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.