Who would today's Rooney join?

King-Kun said:
Pigeonho said:
King-Kun said:
Na, maybe I wasn't clear.
I mean a young talent who was basically regarded by everyone as a complete one-off, and potentially one of England's best ever. If all three teams offered similar contracts, who would he join?
Sinclair wasn't regarded as such.

Arsenal would never spend £30 million on an 18 year old, even if he was a one-off "wonderkid".

You could argue that the Eden Hazard saga was a case close to this, but he wasn't regarded as highly... And isn't English, so hasn't grown up with our clubs, culture etc.

A wonderkid, seen as having the potential to be England's best ever player.. Who would he choose out of us three?
There are too many scenario's to answer it though. He may like the south, so would choose London. He may like United since growing up, and the immortal, (but usually bollocks), words of 'my boyhood club' would be muttered. He may like the fact we are champions, (if we were), and pay loads of wages - there are loads of scenarios which make it impossible to answer right now.

Okay, assuming this kid had no preference for the North or South, and didn't care much for Chelski, us or the rags....but just wanted to make alot of money and win as much as possible.

Who would he see as the most likely club to fulfil his ambitions in terms of winning lots of trophies?

I'd argue Chelski would be the last place because of the unstability, and the rags are on the verge of losing Govan Gob.

I'd argue we'd make the most sense.
What's that based on? You've stated why not the other two..

Pigeonho said:
King-Kun said:
Pigeonho said:
There are too many scenario's to answer it though. He may like the south, so would choose London. He may like United since growing up, and the immortal, (but usually bollocks), words of 'my boyhood club' would be muttered. He may like the fact we are champions, (if we were), and pay loads of wages - there are loads of scenarios which make it impossible to answer right now.

Okay, assuming this kid had no preference for the North or South, and didn't care much for Chelski, us or the rags....but just wanted to make alot of money and win as much as possible.

Who would he see as the most likely club to fulfil his ambitions in terms of winning lots of trophies?

I'd argue Chelski would be the last place because of the unstability, and the rags are on the verge of losing Govan Gob.

Because unlike Chelski, there is a sense of stability here. He're at City he'd be the main man (or atleast the main English man) going forward. He'd have a much better chance to write himself into our history, which is more appealing.

We also play better football than both, and have footballers in our squad who players look at and would really want to play alongside.

King-Kun said:
Back when the rags bought Rooney, there wasn't much in the way of competition. He was hailed as the biggest English talent in years, but the only challengers to get his signature were Newcastle (who couldn't even stump up a high enough fee).

Chelski had just been bought by Roman, so had the money, but were focused on buying more established talents for more immediate success at the time.

The gooners were better than the rags, but didn't (and still don't) have any desire to spend £25 -30 million on one player.

My question is, who would a young, extremely highly-rated, £30 -40 million youngster (much more highly rated than Will Hughes) join today?

These days United aren't the richest in the league, and we have an exciting project going on.. So realistically it's between us, Chelski and the rags.
But, in your opinion, which of the three would he choose?

Still think he would of joined united mate

King-Kun said:
Pigeonho said:
King-Kun said:

Because unlike Chelski, there is a sense of stability here. He're at City he'd be the main man (or atleast the main English man) going forward. He'd have a much better chance to write himself into our history, which is more appealing.

We also play better football than both, and have footballers in our squad who players look at and would really want to play alongside.
I think you've got your blue goggles on there mate, though i would like to think one day its not even a choice, and that coming to City, (or wanting to at least), is second nature. United will always be a pull, regardless of Ferguson being there or not and Chelsea will always want to buy the best players as long as Red Rom is there. Like I say, in reality many circumstances come into the fold and its not as simple as just picking one club 'because'.

Today's Rooney? If he was like the real Rooney the answer would be: whoever paid the most - Rooney always has and always will be money-driven footballer. Just look at how close he was to coming here before the rags shattered their wage structure in a panic.

A0wsEapCUAAry1f.jpg:large

I agree with all of the above posters, us, Rags and Chelski.

Hazard picked Chelsea over the scum but I think it was a pure money decision, if we would of been in for him I think he would of come to us. I don't see Chelsea having great pulling power apart from money.

Before we won the PL we had a project that seemed to get everyone excited, now we are established we really should have huge amounts of pulling power. However I don't think Mancini is very inspiring and there is always that myth that players come here for the money.

The scum don't have the financial prowess that we have but seem to be able to sell the club annoyingly well. I bet they sold Zaha the 'Ronaldo' project and told him they can see him developing that way. Baconface is obviously very inspiring and when you walk into the room to sign and meet him, Charlton, Giggs, Scholes and all the other dickheads it would probably be quite something.

Players don't join the scum for money that is why there squad is always pulling in one direction however shit the players are.

nehe11 said:
United, they give youngsters a chance, sadly we don´t...

So Nastasic isn't a youngster? Hart and Richards weren't given chances?

We WOULD give him a chance because we'd be paying £25million for him.

What United do better than us is give players from their academy more of a chance (though most of them end up sold to the Championship or lower Premier League), but not necessarily young players signed for big money. Have you seen Nick Powell lately by the way? £6million and playing for their reserve team.

He would still have opted to go to the scum.
A twat of a club attracts a twat of a person,so hey presto!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.