Whoever scouted Silva

Aussie! said:
Seriously OP, thats like Roberto asking the Scouter to see how Messi performs.
Think its a valid question / statement. Undoubtably Robhinho was / is a world class player, unfortunatly the scouting for our league was off the mark. Personally i thought Silva would get kicked to bits here, but his movement to find the space off the ball is tip top, and his tracking back and tackling make Robbie look lame

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just trying to get a positive thread on the go

Some people don't understand the word positive. My definition of positive is from watching a team lucky to escape relegation 4 seasons ago become title contenders. We have a large group of moaners as does every club, for instance if we won Europa this season people would say "but its not the Champs League" if we won the F.A cup it would be "but its not the Prem League" I know I'm takin it a step further here but am pretty sure if we won the quadruple some of our own fans would manage to brew something negative about it.

friend said:
It was an easy job uncovering Silva. Quality player. I predicted he'd take time to settle in, which he did. Next season I predict he will be PFA Player of the year.

Lottery numbers?

I understand your sentiment OP,however,i would imagine even undiscovered tribes in Amazonia had posters of Silva in their huts......

FantasyIreland said:
friend said:
It was an easy job uncovering Silva. Quality player. I predicted he'd take time to settle in, which he did. Next season I predict he will be PFA Player of the year.

Lottery numbers?

I understand your sentiment OP,however,i would imagine even undiscovered tribes in Amazonia had posters of Silva in their huts......

I dont know he is a small lightweight looking player. Alot of people probably thought he would get battered this season, and as i remember Chelsea tried it but everytime he brushed it off and tried again. This showed the PL that roughing him up wouldnt work and from that moment he has stormed the league.

C1TY4LIFE said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just trying to get a positive thread on the go

Some people don't understand the word positive. My definition of positive is from watching a team lucky to escape relegation 4 seasons ago become title contenders. We have a large group of moaners as does every club, for instance if we won Europa this season people would say "but its not the Champs League" if we won the F.A cup it would be "but its not the Prem League" I know I'm takin it a step further here but am pretty sure if we won the quadruple some of our own fans would manage to brew something negative about it.

good post.

Puts things in perspective doesn't it. When you look back at the likes of Emile Mpenza scoring crucial goals to keep us in the division and now some (a minority) of our fans are disapointed with draws away at Arsenal and home to United. people will say it's not acceptable because of the money we have spent but time is just as important and you can't buy that.

Now We're No Longer Alone - A Manchester City Blog
http://www.nowwerenolongeralone.blogspot.com

Whoever did scout Silva, can he please go out and scout another one just like him....now that would be the ultimate test.

timesprout said:
Aussie! said:
Seriously OP, thats like Roberto asking the Scouter to see how Messi performs.
Think its a valid question / statement. Undoubtably Robhinho was / is a world class player, unfortunatly the scouting for our league was off the mark. Personally i thought Silva would get kicked to bits here, but his movement to find the space off the ball is tip top, and his tracking back and tackling make Robbie look lame

See this is where we have our differences.

Robinho in my opinion was not scouted, and was the Sheiks decision to buy.
I dont think Hughes had any idea robinho was coming.

Same thing as Shevchenko as that was Roman's decison to buy. not the scout/coaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.