Who's on international duty?

Going by that list It will be a miracle if we come back unscathed. Time our boys learned to fake a few injuries.

Bumping this one up.

Hope that our good start to the season is not to be undone by national coaches playing players whose seasons haven’t really begun. We’ve been deliberately resting players after their summer exertions, yet we now find them called up for international duty and the prospect of playing 180 minutes in the space of a few days . For example, Ake is in the Dutch squad for the Netherlands but has only played 3 minutes of competitive football so far. Similarly, Foden (45), Stones (40), and Walker (2) haven’t played a full game between them this season.

One would hope that common sense will prevail and that international coaches will use such players sparingly, but, for me, common sense should have led them not to be picked in the first place.

Bumping this one up.

Hope that our good start to the season is not to be undone by national coaches playing players whose seasons haven’t really begun. We’ve been deliberately resting players after their summer exertions, yet we now find them called up for international duty and the prospect of playing 180 minutes in the space of a few days . For example, Ake is in the Dutch squad for the Netherlands but has only played 3 minutes of competitive football so far. Similarly, Foden (45), Stones (40), and Walker (2) haven’t played a full game between them this season.
R
One would hope that common sense will prevail and that international coaches will use such players sparingly, but, for me, common sense should have led them not to be picked in the first place.
Walker hasn’t been called up

Good.

Who in their right mind wants International football at this stage of the Season.

I hate the football calendar.
I would imagine the players hate it more than anybody, even more so after a major International tournament summer.

I would imagine the players hate it more than anybody, even more so after a major International tournament summer.
Kasper Schmeichel has talked about players on the Denmark team don’t even want to skip international duty even if they’re injured. I think some of the smaller countries that traditionally overperform have squads like this. I’m sure many players would like a break but not at the expense of playing with their intl n teammates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.