Why Always Me?

lionheart

Not sure if already posted and, if so, please merge accordingly. Anyway, how come that Sharp geezer at Doncaster Rovers got no yellow card for lifting up his shirt (to the neck) revealing a message dedicated to his baby son and yet Mario got one for doing exactly the same thing? Do Premiership and Championship referees follow different rules or is it yet another case of anti-City behaviour? We should have appealed that yellow card, as he did not completely remove his shirt....

In view of member hostility, I did try to delete this thread but was unable to do so. Apologies for those of you whose baby has recently passed away.

it was a classy move from the championship ref to show a little compassion for the father of a dead son. it had nothing to do with us. the rule states that showing an undershirt is a yellow card. the championship ref made an exception for this extreme circumstance, and i, for one, thought that it was a great gesture.

The whole thing is stupid, refs shouldn't give yellow cards to players who have messages into their shirts (unless the message is political or religious in nature), football is entertainment, 'excessive celebration' is entertaining. Nothings better than players coordinating a rehearsed celebration or players celebrating with the fans, it shouldn't be punished.

Jesus. 99% of the time players will be booked for celebrating the way Mario and Sharp did. However, booking sharp would have been a fucking ridiculous decision putting everything into perspective. The ref showed common sense and should be applauded for not doing things by the book on this occassion. I'm sure sharp would have been booked had it not been for the tragic circumstances.

There's a clear difference between the two incidents. The paranoia on here is laughable at times.

Is this a clarkie?

Balotelli and Sharp deserved to be booked by the current rules, the guy not booking Sharp showed common sense and compassion in an exceptional circumstance and should be congratulated.

Have a hard time believing this isn't a bit of wumming. It's kind of obvious why Sharp wasn't booked.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what referees in other games do or do not do. Frankly, that yellow for Balo was fucking worth it!!! One of the best moments of the season so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.