Why are England so toothless as an international team?

Spain for many years were known as the under achievers trying to get Real Madrid & Barca players to unite as a team, for many years we've had the same problem.

Then you factor in players who are undroppable or mainly get selected because of who they play for, Grealish would be a starter if he played for the rags/dippers.

Then we have several managers who care more about not getting beat because it looks good in the rankings.

Bigga. It’s an excellent question and right to ask today. Looking just at the last two games I believe that there are a number of reasons. The English players are built up yet England only have two or three players who would stand a chance to get into the top four sides as regulars; Southgate is inept and a cowardly manager who has no concept of adventurous football; tactically we are slow in the build up, play it long when quick and short would do and we don’t seem to have any system for getting round/ through a back four.

The daft thing is that this side may do better as underdogs playing better sides and resorting to the Scums hoof aand run approach.

we City fans have been spoilt rotten by the last 10 years and have seen some fantastic football. But can you imagine trying to play Pep type football with just British players?

Nothing will change until the FA break the mould, demand adventurous football and appoint a manager who will impose a system and can actually coach.

England might as well be Celtic!!!!!

The partisan media in this country don’t help with their all-things-red hyperbole.
Take Rashford. I watched him recently and he was bloody awful, absolutely below average - even by the rags’ standard. For a professional footballer it was arguably the single worst performance I’d seen for a long time - he just wasn’t at the races. And yet the next day’s tabloids were saying ‘a towering performance,’ ‘a confident and assured display,’ and ‘never put a foot wrong.’
I anticipated this would be the how the tabloids would report his performance, exaggeration I expected, but this was just a downright lie. I believe the S*n even gave him a 7.5 rating!

We are far too cautious in this country and it’s in our nature to not take risks , this cuts across our society as a whole but bleeds into our attitude to football

i would be picking a far more adventurous team for the next game and get on the front foot and pass the ball forward

pickford

walker stones mings trippier

phillips

foden mount

sancho Sterling grealish

I think it's numerous reasons, mainly I just don't think we're as good as we think we are.
Our players are built upto God like status after one or two decent performances, the term world class is banded about far too easily, we have some great players, but none who are world class.
Expectations and pressure, every two years a major tournament and the media whip up the nation, that stupid it's coming home bullshit does the rounds, the media then go into overdrive and belittle the opposition, shit derogatory headlines, the players mindset is just turn up, we're England I'm world class your not.
Big game experience, we had players last night with none Pickford, Mings, Grealish, Philips, Rice not played European football, others buckle in big games Kane.
Finally, for now, the manager, fucking clueless, he's failed at every club job he's had, fast tracked through the system and lands the top job, apart from the prime minister can you think of a bigger fucktard so out of his depth.

The FA, an antediluvian organisation, more interested in a safe pair of hands than someone who would demand a root and branch reform.
Don’t forget, it it wan’t for a stupid display of greed the manager woudn’t be Southgate, it would be Allardyce!

Of the teams that won the Under 17 and Under 20 world cups only Foden has become an England regular. Calvert Lewin and Sancho (who wasn’t in the U17) finals) are squad members.
And yet City were the only ones getting flak from clueless hacks and washed up pundits for not picking him often enough. Go figure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.