Why are football fans so sensitive these days?

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
Can football fans not take any fun and games these days, without resorting to throwing tantrums? So Ade runs the length of the pitch and slides in front of them. There's no excuse for their over-reaction. I personally don't think Adebayour went far enough. He should have dropped his shorts and waved his cock at them too.

Footie fans have gone soft, they'll be wanting compensation next. The list of soft-fan reaction in recent years is getting longer: Everton fans getting upset at a glimpse of Joey Bartons bum and complaining to the police, Everton fans skriking when Rooney kisses his rags badge, Scousers again complaing about Neville celebrating in front of the Kop. There are loads more incidents of course.

City fans haven't stooped this low yet. We took Van Persie's provocation with a few V signs and got on with supporting the lads. And fair play to us for it, we didn't run to the police cos a mean dutchman told us to '"eff off".

So next Sunday if Shrek scores the winner from a dodgy penalty and shows us his arse, I hope we keep are cool and behave like the civilsed people we are. If the scum do happen to beat us, don't worry - another G. Neville getting turned over by "The Goat" incident will happen sooner or later and we'll all love that.

Stay cool fellow blues and don't go soft like the rest of the premier league pansies.

ExiledGooner said:
good post mate , have said in previous posts exactly the same thing , however just one thing you said city have not yet resorted so low ? have you not seen the petition and some of the comments about van persie on here ?

Yeah but at the ground no one actually does anything. There's a lot of talk on here that doesn't really reflect the general opinion of people who go to the match.

ExiledGooner said:
good post mate , have said in previous posts exactly the same thing , however just one thing you said city have not yet resorted so low ? have you not seen the petition and some of the comments about van persie on here ?
its fucking pathetic.some of these sensitive little tossers need to get in the real world.i've never heard so much nonesense in all my life.

Could change title to "why is football so soft these days?" Not only do the fans carry their emotions on their sleeve but footballers are pretty girly as well. Would Sparky ever get barely touched and fall on the ground rolling around like he's been shot by a sniper?

I heard Arsenal fans bleating about ADebayor's "provocation" on 606 on Saturday.

Soft bastards. They sepnt a year booing him and abusing him. If I remember rightly they made up a mock brochure to try to transfer him, which the media caught hold of. They spent the whole 90 minutes abusing him on Saturday.

Poor Ikkle Gooners. Did the big man throw it back in your face?

ExiledGooner said:

I haven't mate, not read through many threads. But anyone who starts a petition to get someone banned is a nob and as much as there are loads of great people on here, there's plenty of softarse dickheads too.
I'm sure there are plenty of Gooners who hate Adebayour but thought, "well we deserved that reaction".
What goes around comes around and all that. It's what makes the game great. I don't want a sterile, emotionless sport where spontaneous reaction is thrashed out.

I've felt humiliated watching City more times than I can count, and I take it all on the chin.

I think unfortunatly its a case of soft UK these days. Alot of kids not being told right from wrong, those involved knowing how punishment for the crime is so low its worth risking it. What makes it cringe worthy for me is seeing older adults involved. FFS grow up.
How many of them involved, throwing stuff will be caught and punished. yep thats right Zero and they know it.

Alot probably has to do with consumption of beer also with alot of people not knowing thier limitations on handling it.

I think its also the culture of how the country has changed in the last 10 years where alot of people now cant take resposibility for thier own actions, and everything is someone elses fault.

This situation has been blown out of all proporation 100%. Ade is not the 1st player to celebrate in front of other fans, he wont be the last. I have seen alot worse tackles made, unpunished. And how can stamping be pre meditated. How is Ade going to think ill stamp on him when he is on the floor. Van Pussy isnt a keeper FFS. Only reason it happened was down to Van Pussys awfull challenge.

Despite our wealth and this being the best time ever for me as a City fan, i still find myself falling out of Love with the game abit more each season. I could stomach a small ban i guess for the stamp but any additional ban for the celebration, when in contrast was no where near as bad as Nevilles, will tell me what i already know, that the FA are indeed bent and make the rules up as they go along and be another nail in the football coffin for me.

Didsbury Dave said:
I heard Arsenal fans bleating about ADebayor's "provocation" on 606 on Saturday.

Soft bastards. They sepnt a year booing him and abusing him. If I remember rightly they made up a mock brochure to try to transfer him, which the media caught hold of. They spent the whole 90 minutes abusing him on Saturday.

Poor Ikkle Gooners. Did the big man throw it back in your face?

Good point, the amount of abuse he has had to put up with, I don't blame him for rubbing it in when he scored!

I think fans want it both ways sometimes, they will hurl abuse at players for 90 minutes but a s soon as they player does anything back they cry off to the FA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.