Why Are We Scoring So many Goals This Season?

Before Dzeko we never really had anyone who would bust a gut to get on the end of crosses either. Time and time again Kolorov, Richards or Zab would fire a cross in and there would be no-one there. Now Dzeko (or Aguero or Telly) is on the end of it.

Cityfan said:
Controversially I think it is partly because Tevez was not greedy. He was always looking to get back and help or get the ball. Now our forwards are looking to get in the box and let others do the build up so there is generally someone around when a cross comes in. Last season Tevez was so involved in the build up that when we created an overlap he was not in the right place to take advantage.

tevez not greedy

<a class="postlink" href="http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101230190129/uncyclopedia/images/0/0c/Shaking_head.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... g_head.gif</a>

Skashion said:
RichieTHFC said:
If anything, City are a weaker team this year without Tevez. I have no doubt you will be in a scrap with us, Liverpool and Arsenal for 3rd and 4th spots
If you think we'll be a weaker side this year you're an absolute idiot for a number of reasons:

1. Stronger as team this year, we're becoming a unit now. The team is bonding now. Even with no improvements we'd have been stronger.
2. Silva will be playing from the start this year and he's improving constantly.
3. We've signed that Aguero bloke, have you heard? Natural replacement for Tevez.
4. We've also signed Clichy and Savic to strengthen the squad.
5. Tevez is still here yet and if we sell him we'll very likely bring in a playmaking midfielder (this is crucial actually even if Tevez is still here at the end of the transfer window) having already secured our direct replacement. I'd take Nasri definitely.
6. Expect better from both Balotelli and Dzeko this year.

Only a very severe injury crisis would stop us progressing from last year. If we don't finish as champions then we should be at least nearer the champions than 5th - as was the case last season.

Quoting a post from the start of August but I think I'm holding up well so far. Let's hope I haven't jinxed us and we don't now experience a very severe injury crisis.

Cityfan said:
Controversially I think it is partly because Tevez was not greedy. He was always looking to get back and help or get the ball. Now our forwards are looking to get in the box and let others do the build up so there is generally someone around when a cross comes in. Last season Tevez was so involved in the build up that when we created an overlap he was not in the right place to take advantage.

You argument is more in support of Tevez being greedy than anything else. Why do you think he came back for the ball and then nearly always passed just slightly behind players when we were running forward?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.