Why City?

mammutly

With so many new members of Bluemoon, it would be interesting to hear why people first started to support City.

I was 8, and at a school where everyone supported man utd. So I thought, fuck that. I'm going to support City. I never thought that me and City would get so close. Where ever I've been, whatever I've done and whatever I ever will do, there will always be me and Man City. I kind of think it was meant to be.

So if I ask myself, why City? There's only one answer - Because we are City, super City... and the answers in the 'we'.
I could no more walk away from City than I could from my own shadow.

i went with me dad against sheff wed at home, i didt support anyone then, but city won 1nil, and since i have done not much else than support city, partner always says i love city more than her!!!

couldnt imagine supporting another team now, and it wouldnt help that i have the badge on me arm and mcfc down the bottom of my arm aswel!!

My dad took me to a match when I was 8 we beat Crewe 5-2 at Maine Road.
All I remember is that the Goat scored and I was absolutely terrified of going through the turnstiles I thought id get trapped!

am a manc who lives dannn saathhh , who was lucky enough to have a mate at school explain to me that all proper mancs support city, that was over a decade ago n i've never looked back.

Never lived in Manchester.
Born in Singapore.

Should be a red right?

Never.
Can't ever even begin to imagine being one of them arrogant fucks.
Family is from Prestwich originally, always remember my mother talking about Manchester City, one day asked her why.
Told me my Grandfather was on City's books as a youngster, but never played for them.
Good enough for me.
It stuck.
And I am so fucking happy it did.

Had a season ticket North Stand Block R for many a year, only gave it up after I broke my pelvis and was off work for 6 months.

Other fans talk about City selling their soul. They only say that because THEIR club has no soul.
Even all of my friends admit they cannot understand why we are still so big after winning fuck all for 33 years.
City fans (apart from the (very) occasional wanker) are the salt of the earth, so laid back we should fall over.

I have always said, just one Carling cup win will mean more to me than all of the red shites titles put together.
Just hoping we can sustain the forward thinking/actions of our new leaders for a long time to come.

Looking forward to the next 10 years, but knowing City, it won't be easy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.