Why City?

bumbleblue said:
I was taken to Maine road as a little 'un by my dad and my uncle. That was it really.... all it took. I am 45 years old and have been going since i was about 4/5. Had a season ticket for decades now. Life would be wrong without city. The first game i really remember was the Colin Bell comeback V Newcastle i remember being so moved by the emotions of all the people around me i knew i was hooked for life. The last game at Maine road too stands out, i thought typical city etc but when the final whistle went i just lost it and all i could remember was my dad who had grown up a red but my mother converted him when they married, he had died in 1991 and i literally lost it just stood there blubbering. Then i went into town with some friends for a meal at a spanish restaurant and gary owen and the goat were there too. Thats why city, for me . sorry about the long post .
hear many storys on hear and read books about colin bells comeback game and if i could go back in time to a match that would be the one

bumbleblue said:
and all i could remember was my dad who had grown up a red but my mother converted him when they married.

Great story.
Funny how it never seems to happen vice versa don't you think?

'edit' it's not funny actually, who wants to support them wankers?!

Bilboblue said:
bumbleblue said:
and all i could remember was my dad who had grown up a red but my mother converted him when they married.

Great story.
Funny how it never seems to happen vice versa don't you think?

'edit' it's not funny actually, who wants to support them wankers?!

Quite right. He always said it was the best thing ever marrying my mum and supporting city and like all converts he was absolutely rabid biased towards city. God bless him. I still sometimes take my uncle to a game he is 88 this year.

Mam from Grey Mare Lane, dad from Miles Platting.
I was born in May 1968, elder brothers & sisters decided to name me Colin (can't understand why), remember twizzing a red and black striped rattle on the wall in the Kippax (sister said I was3 or 4, I haven't a clue who we were playing.)
Couldn't help it. Not my fault honest. Please forgive me father cos I know not what I do!

alphonse groenendijk said:
Mam from Grey Mare Lane, dad from Miles Platting.
I was born in May 1968, elder brothers & sisters decided to name me Colin (can't understand why), remember twizzing a red and black striped rattle on the wall in the Kippax (sister said I was3 or 4, I haven't a clue who we were playing.)
Couldn't help it. Not my fault honest. Please forgive me father cos I know not what I do!

I was about 9 when I saw people doing that. Funny how it seems so clear when you mention it now.

I spent my childhood during the sixties living more or less on the site where COMS now stands , and most of my friends were City fans ....... City fans weren't outnumbered at either school i went to either , City fan Frank from Shameless lived there too....... so it seemed the obvious choice for me ...... and the first time i went to Maine Road back in 1969 i just knew that was the place for me.

2pqmbfl.jpg

bumbleblue said:
I was taken to Maine road as a little 'un by my dad and my uncle. That was it really.... all it took. I am 45 years old and have been going since i was about 4/5. Had a season ticket for decades now. Life would be wrong without city. The first game i really remember was the Colin Bell comeback V Newcastle i remember being so moved by the emotions of all the people around me i knew i was hooked for life. The last game at Maine road too stands out, i thought typical city etc but when the final whistle went i just lost it and all i could remember was my dad who had grown up a red but my mother converted him when they married, he had died in 1991 and i literally lost it just stood there blubbering. Then i went into town with some friends for a meal at a spanish restaurant and gary owen and the goat were there too. Thats why city, for me . sorry about the long post .

Don't be sorry, quality post. Met the Goat in Bermuda and what a nice guy, only with us could he have been a legend, and only we could have made it that way, and he knows it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.