Why Damocles stepped down...

Re: Damocles Downfall

Damocles said:
Chick Counterfly said:
It was a lot funnier at the time, the forum really was teetering on the verge of losing people, we'd had dozens of very sincere and horrendously detailed updates from Damocles that no-one understood (sometimes, that seemed to be the point he was trying to impress on us), he'd rebuilt everything twice, all suggestions seemed to be exhausted, and he was also trying to be a mod in the midst of a particularly sustained bout of WUM'ing, also getting stick for all sorts of other stuff that comes with being a mod.

Anyone know how they fixed it in the end? The site seemed to sail through Aguero signing, the 5-1 at Tottenham and "Bench-gate", all without missing a beat.

I redesigned the architecture from scratch and built the forum on top of it.

The problem back then, is that we were running on a server that was never designed to run a large database app like a forum. We were essentially making our lives more difficult for ourselves. The hardware wasn't designed to run it, but it was capable of doing so, so we were living in that horrendous middle ground and were trying everything to sneak small pieces of performance out of it.

he turned it off then on again

Re: is this the best single post ever on bluemoon?

Yes, yes, yes, BUT....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=166028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=166028</a>

PMSL - I wonder if this is the first time a thread in the 'Classic Threads' needs to be merged!!

Look who the OP is too - hee hee (Sorry, De Niro!!)

DTeacher said:
Yes, yes, yes, BUT....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=166028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=166028</a>

PMSL - I wonder if this is the first time a thread in the 'Classic Threads' needs to be merged!!

Look who the OP is too - hee hee (Sorry, De Niro!!)

Lol, you may have a point :)

it's the single POST I wanted to highlight, pure genius.

citykev28 said:
no, the best ever post was when jason manford let his mask slip and displayed an ugly side to his personality. unfortunately, it's been deleted.

Id say this post.

Very very funny video, good work QR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.