Why didnt Sheikh Mansour wait to buy Liverpool?

I have a hunch it's because he couldn't stand the scouse accent.

Imagine the likes of Gerrard and Carragher whinging on day in and day out - it'd be unbearable.

mackenzie said:
Have I dreamt this or was it reported that the Sheikh also considered Newcastle before he decided on us??

Anyway, I think there was a definite angle towards looking at a club that had a great fan base but had also won next to nothing for years. Prestige in other words.

Correct..

They did look at Arsenal and Newcastle as well.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Easily answered...... Thaskin had a direct line to the prince and sold the whole project, gillete and hicks don't operate on any scale like this, hence the apparent lack of interest in the giro kids. Also don't be surprised in the influence the good shiekh is having at the moment, nobody in their right mind would want to go up against him.
Exactly. Add to that with the entertainment projects around COMs that Thaksin presented to all City fans when took over still carry on nowaday as well.

S04 said:
I´ll give a an extra reason..His father in law the emir of Dubai was turned down by Liverpool when he tried to buy the club, might have been a rather strained discussion if Sheikh mansour walked in with a LFC scarf :D
Seems like Joe Bernstein could do with doing a bit of research into something instead of quoting "senior Anfield figures".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.