Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

No excuse for me really, price was ok and only live 10 miles away. On both domestic cup schemes but not champs league…can’t really explain why tbh!

Since when did 40000 for a midweek game against a low profile team that literally brought 12 fans become a shit attendance. These plastic bellends need to take a look at their own attendances through their history - e.g. if any red cunts give you shit, ask them the attendance for the Giggs semi final in 99. Also, look at Scouse attendances in Europe when they were winning it in 70s and 80s.

Because I went to Leicester instead. I'm not wealthy, and have to pick and choose my moments these days now I have 2 kids and a mortgage.
Exactly. Although last nights tickets were reasonably priced I have been priced out for league games. I couldn’t make a season ticket worth my while financially so odd games are more likely. Once you stop going regularly you get out of the habit plus I have more pressing issues where I have to spend my money.

What does it matter, there’s COVID, night match people working, cost etc. City fans need to accept, we’re not Rags or Liverpool. We’re competing against them for support (mainly Rags) and they are 20 years ahead.

My mrs is on maternity pay so income as a household is down. My business has also suffered and i'm earning less than what i was two years ago.

Even then, midweek games are a nightmare to get to and from which puts me off and to top that off with the so called matchday experience which puts me off further.

If you have a look at my post history, every year i say i am giving up my season ticket and every year i renew.

The reason i do is for the top five games. This year i can put 10 games on the ticket exchange and go to the other 8 which will include the top 5 teams plus Leicester, Everton. It's more cost effective than getting rid of my season ticket once and for all and then paying the individual matchday fees.

I'm sorry if this displeases Pep and Simon Jordan.
You don’t have to justify anything pal family comes first, fortunate I can do a few but life’s difficult at the moment we are not all multi millionaires

The question might also be does our manager in his criticism of our attendance and support know that the head of ticketing at the club issued an apology on the eve of the game for the difficulties people are having in buying tickets and getting in? Because there is an obvious link between the two things.

What does it matter, there’s COVID, night match people working, cost etc. City fans need to accept, we’re not Rags or Liverpool. We’re competing against them for support (mainly Rags) and they are 20 years ahead.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest. Just some of our fan base (not the OP) get all bent out of shape when some dipper or rag fan, who they’ve never met and who themselves haven’t been to a game at their festering shitholes of a ground, posts on Instagram #Emptihad or whatever the fucks they do. Quite frankly if that’s the standard of the “millions of fans” we’re missing out on then having a few empty seats and a snide dig from Pep seems largely preferable.

Please don't take this question the wrong way but are we competing against them and if so why are we competing against them?
I've 'suffered' the insults, the alleged banter and to be quite honest I don't give a running jump what they say or how they react. I go to watch my team Manchester City so let them go watch their rubbish team! The only time I'd care is if one of them told me I couldn't watch City!! Then I'd start and boy would I start!! ;-)

Is there an argument to be had that we're in a vicious circle of shite atmospheres/low crowds (in comparison to league matches), lead more people to become apathetic and decide not to bother, thus adding to the problem?

I remember being at the Napoli match in 2011, our first ever champions league game. Think we had 43k out of 48k there that night and the atmosphere was particularly flat, not helped by going 1 down that night. It's just never really taken off, hard to say why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.