Why do people still discuss Hughes?

why do people discuss Colin Bell, Gio Kinkladze, Paul Lake, Shaun Goater, Malcolm Allison? Because they are all part of our history. In Hughes case it's particularly relevant as he has signed some of our current most consistent performers and deserves credit for that.

BB2 makes a valid point , but does any one remember a very voiciferous poster at one time Hugh Zout was his name i think?

mcfcliam said:
Yes, I await the irony comments.

I don't know why people seem to want to talk about Hughes...he's been gone 19 (?) months now and we have a manager who's won us the FA cup and secured us joint 2nd.

These 'Hughes inners' have a big chip on their shoulders and seemingly can't wait for Mancini to fail so they can feel immense pride by bumping a 'Hughes in' thread from 2009.

Hughes is about as relevant as Steve Coppell.

Some people, particularly some people called Dave, secretly long for the days when we were shit and Hughes is the last great poster boy for that era.

Of course people still talk about him you clown, they still talk about Alan Ball and Frank Clark.

At least Hughes' legacy was Kompany, Zabaleta and De Jong, not storys of relegation and trips to Lincoln.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.