why do the press inflate city's transfer payments?

laserblue

the papers review on ssn this morning showed the daily mail with the headline "£85m aguero". to get to this figure they had added to the transfer fee & usual add ons his projected earnings over the full term of his 5 year contract.

the press did this with tevez & others but they never do it with any other clubs' purchases. we never saw headlines declaring, for example, "£72m carroll" or "£105m torres". i suppose it all helps to illustrate how city are ruining football.

If anyone could be arsed to do the maths it would be interesting to calculate how much the granny shagger or wio has cost the rags.

How much was berbaflop's deal worth in total when he signed.

For all those who say we are being paranoid, this is one of the best examples you'll find of the media having a clear anti-city bias.

My lad was watching the premiership years on sky for last season the other day. He said he lost count of the number of times throughout the programme they showed shrek's lucky shinner.

I absolutely can't wait for us to go on a prolonged trophy haul to see the rag media implode. Coinciding with manU's decline will make for much happy viewing and reading within the media.

I just hope someone (maybe the club) has been collecting all the vicious bile said and written about our glorious club to throw back in the faces of these gutter hacks.

Wonder how much Wio cost the scum then with all his contracts.£30mill ten years ago +wages must be pushing on for a £100mill and thats not taking inflation into account...The Sun is a comic though.

they also won't point out that u*d have already spent more than us during the transfer window ... no doubt we'll have 'bought the league' if we win it

Even worse when the foreign press take The Sun's idiocy and convert it into another currency like...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/manchester-city-sign-aguero-for-a-staggering-146-million-2011-07-28-1.410108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.emirates247.com/sports/footb ... 8-1.410108</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.