Why do we never play well in the first half?

Bojinov The Bull

Pretty much every single game we are poor and sloppy in the first half then the second half we click in to gear. In the league we can often get away with it and recover from a losing position but in the champions league we can't, the teams are better organised and can defend extremely well.

Last night every player should have been up for it, Madrid at home, we HAVE to win and we were rubbish first half once again, I really can't understand it!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Pretty much every single game we are poor and sloppy in the first half then the second half we click in to gear. In the league we can often get away with it and recover from a losing position but in the champions league we can't, the teams are better organised and can defend extremely well.

Last night every player should have been up for it, Madrid at home, we HAVE to win and we were rubbish first half once again, I really can't understand it!

Me to mate, we should just go out an attack teams but we seem to wait till we are a goal down... Doesn't matter really as we are top of the league so it's clearly working

I Think last night it was down to the formation and the team selection.

Against lesser teams I think its beacuse they use all their energy defending in the first half by the second half they are tired, this results in extra space and gives the impression we are actually playing better.

Probably not just one single reason, but I think lack of pace and width is a big factor. We struggle to stretch and open up teams in the first half, play a lot of short passing tippy tappy stuff which is easier to cope with by a packed defense that can defend narrowly. We are a lot more effective once the opposition tire and the game naturally open up.

I think the 3 at the back + wing backs has been Mancini's attempt to compensate for the lack of pace and width. Unfortunately that's brought its own problems defensively.

We often never play well during the first half of the first half.
It takes that to our team to get a hold on the ball and get our cruising pace.
But as soon as we get there, the results shines in the second half, as opposing team starts
weakening and tiering.

Pisses me off as I sit in the south stand and never see any goals! Can't we mix it up a bit and swap ends?!

mainemanc1066 said:
Pisses me off as I sit in the south stand and never see any goals! Can't we mix it up a bit and swap ends?!

Moving from 102 to 107 this season has been good (better atmosphere) and bad (we score most of our goals attacking the Family Stand!) for me. We are notoriously slow starters yet often have a chance very early on to score but seldom take it. Kolarov scoring in the 4th minute against Sunderland was a nice novelty though.

This seasons champions league. Everytime we have gone behind we have drawn and every time we have taken the lead we have lost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.