Why does nobody share our philosophy?!

mcfc1989

Now that the chequebook has opened cue the same old shitty arguments about money.
I read a great quote from a Liverpool fan who was discussing the Chelsea Kaka bid. he said 'only the super wealthy will be able to compete and the rest of US will be fighting for the scraps'.
Unbelievable statement as that is just what everyone else has been doing whilst liverpool and the rags have dominated modern football for the past 30 odd years.
What would be the point of following a team if you can't dream that one day success will come.
I'm 19 and have had a season ticket since 97/98 and never until last september did i think we will ever become a successful club but you keep coming back for more?
you don't need money to be happy, but it sure helps.

We'll see soon enough just how hypocrytical these Liverpool fans are. They're gonna get bought out one of these days and then they'll have some monopoly money of there own to play with -let's see how pious they are then. All of this City hatin' is just envy and avarice.

I had a look around some of the forums while bored at work to gauge there opinion on the Barry move and i will generalize the feeling i got from each forum.

Villa, sick as pigs, cant blame them, i felt the same when SWP went to chelsea. Most thought he was coming for the money and would of took it better had he gone to Liverpool.
Liverpool , they took it rather well i thought, they were suprised but the feeling i got was City have got a good player good luck to them. They seem to want to keep Alonso.
Everton, they took it rather well , one post said, "Thank fuck for that they might leave Arteta alone now."
Totenham they thought they were in with a chance because aparantly he is a Spurs fan. They could not understand him going to City, you get the feeling THFC think their bigger than City, funny that but i can understand it because i always thought we were bigger than THFC so the feelings mutual.
Arsenal, they were a bit disappointed as they felt they were after him.

I get the feeling Arsenal, Tot and Liverpool do not deny press speculation about there interest in a player because the speculation makes it look like there busy chasing players in the transfer window, when in reality they aint got that much to play with. Only when the deal is concluded like the Barry deal has the truth been revealed Arsenal Totenham and Liverpool were nowhere to be seen when the chips were down.

just a thought..were'nt liverpool bank rolled throught the 70's/80's with the pools money via the moores family!!!

It is hypocrisy of the highest order. When these teams were in the driving seat, dictating the route and picking up passengers as and when they needed one, and we, along with many other teams had to trudge the season on foot, nobody within the top four suggested that there was a financial imbalance and the table was skewed because of financial inputs. The pendulum is swinging and the days of MCFC having to unearth young nuggets who might or might not make a Premiership debut have gone. We can buy the best and the Barry episode where we buy a player they have been chasing for a season, shows that they, now, cannot compete financially and they just don't like the implications of it. Liverpool are desperate to end MANUre's domination, and, despite improved results on the field, they clearly haven't got any cash. I expect that Villa have banked the cheque MCFC sent and are just waiting for the bank's clearance before it burns a hole in MON's hand and he goes and gets a couple of Heskeys. Can Liverpool stump up the loot? Don't think so!

What bugs me is when people say 'you just can't go out and buy world class players!?!'

errr course we can - it's called the transfer market

You mean Liverpool fans aren't buying into "the project". Clearly it's a misunderstanding - can we send Cookie over to explain it again?

I like the Villa fan's "our billionaire is better than yours attitude" because there's is only spending mega money instead of super-mega money, which puts him on a par with Ghandi and Nelson Mandela...*

*not to villa fans: it would be nice to do it that way, but Roman and the rest would always be ready to toss a few more million on the fire if you got too close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.