Why does nothing work ?

Early in the new year I was sorting out our spare room and set up a TV to test a drawer full a old electronic games machines.
The following all still worked perfectly Binatone video game from about 1975, ZX Spectrum from 1982, Acorn Electron mid 1980s and Commodore Amiga 1991. All of these went through years of daily use and then many more years in storage. Yet they still work fine.
Yet in the last 10-12 years I have had to replace the kettle and toaster at least 4-5 times each. I conclude that things just aren't built to last these days.

Early in the new year I was sorting out our spare room and set up a TV to test a drawer full a old electronic games machines.
The following all still worked perfectly Binatone video game from about 1975, ZX Spectrum from 1982, Acorn Electron mid 1980s and Commodore Amiga 1991. All of these went through years of daily use and then many more years in storage. Yet they still work fine.
Yet in the last 10-12 years I have had to replace the kettle and toaster at least 4-5 times each. I conclude that things just aren't built to last these days.

my guess would be things burning at high temps isn't good for life span.

Home hi-fi CD players. Seriously, have gone through 4 in last 5 years. Seems they last about 12 months and then start skipping & then give up the ghost. Last one lasted 6 weeks - I kid you not. Wouldn't mind but they only ever get used for a couple of hours at the weekend.

I left an absolute monster of a turd in the toilet at work the other day. It was so big, some of it was breathing air and do you know what? The bloody flush had broken. I had no alternative but to leave it right there. I felt sorry for the cleaners that day!

Those heavy duty halogen light bulb plastic packs.
I can never get the bastards open without cutting myself on the plastic in the process.

Home hi-fi CD players. Seriously, have gone through 4 in last 5 years. Seems they last about 12 months and then start skipping & then give up the ghost. Last one lasted 6 weeks - I kid you not. Wouldn't mind but they only ever get used for a couple of hours at the weekend.
Why don't you just rip your CDs to a flac format?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.