Why Hugges didn`t put Petrov on second half ?

lloydie said:
because we needed someone to chase down the opposition and put their players under pressure, much as I like MP, he just wouldn't do this.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what we needed was De Jong to help the midfield, not someone stood on the halfway line waiting for the ball like Petrov does. It's just not his game to get stuck in, in the last 10 mins when we need someone to. Last 10 mins when we need a goal - Petrov everytime, thats what you need a big squad for, the right player for the right situation. I thought maybe Zabba on for SWP or Superman, both of whom looked tired in last 10 mins, might have helped a bit too.

theres going to be quite a few unhappy players this season. Hughes has a job on his hands to keep them all happy. Kompany, De Jong, Zabba, Ned and Petrov are all excellent players yet they wont play every game. How do you keep these players match fit if they don't play regularly ?

lloydie said:
because we needed someone to chase down the opposition and put their players under pressure, much as I like MP, he just wouldn't do this.

this is the answer but to be fair to petrov ive seen a lot more off this from him in the games he has started recently.

I've felt Petrov has been under utilized ever since Hughes arrived on the scene. Swapping SWP for Petrov in the last 20 wouldn't have done any harm

halv said:
I've felt Petrov has been under utilized ever since Hughes arrived on the scene. Swapping SWP for Petrov in the last 20 wouldn't have done any harm
Under utilized,are you serious,of course he has been,he was out injured all last season.
How could he pick him

the cynical side of me thinks because of the price tag of robinho and the signals it would send to the press, espescially when i know how good petrov has been in non league games. maybe petrov was slightly injured after playing in barcelona.

hughes did play two defensive midfielders at home last year but wasn't that against more testing opposition? seems a bit early to go defensive (the 2nd half).

robinho looked less confident as the game went on. petrov would have attacked without a second thought and is wasted on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.