Why I am frustrated with our performances

THEBLUEDONKEY said:
ok i dont want this to be a moan based purely on stuff like "Hughes is shit", or "Robby ia a lazy......" but after viewing our games this season the following things seem to happen every game we play and nobody at the club seems to be picking up on them ..

1) Given continues to play the long ball out, that with tedious inevitability is either nodded straight back at us or to the oppositions backline ..we have a front line of players under 6 foot and Ade is not a ball winning hold up guy in my opinion ..why do we not play from the back ???

2) We have zero penetration of the oppositions box, ive lost count of the times we win posetion then get outside their box only to pass side to side before being forced back to Given with the result mentioned above.

3) Substitutions being made to late in a game to have an affect, and all to often like for like subbing ..

4) Playing Barry and Dejong in the middle against teams that with out attacking line up would have no chance, this combo just results in no creativity from the middle and therefore nothing for the forward line to get hold of

5) No ability still to cope with or score from set pieces, i fucking cringe everytime we concede a free kick or corner

and finaly i think its obvious to teams now we can not play against opposition that press us, we need far to long on the ball, last night spuds turned two three pass's into an attack we need 15/20 to get within the opponents box ....
etc etc etc

That was so obvious last night it was untrue and I think it was the major difference between the two teams in the first half. Whereas they always looked to get the ball forward and always had somebody in space to pass too, we just couldn't break their backline at all. I think out first shot in the 2nd half was Ade's when he skied it. Now with our attacking 'quality', surely this needs to be rectified as teams know that if they close the game as soon as we get into their half then we seriously struggle.

Blue Mooner said:
Rafa Benitez has won the Champions League with Liverpool - managerial genius ?

This season Liverpool have gone on a run of 6 points from 9 games - does that make Rafa Benitez clueless ?

Is Moyes clueless now Everton are 15th in the premiership ?

No because Benitez has got Liverpool into the Champions League every season he has been there. He's also won the Champions League in his first year and the FA Cup the year after. He also gave Madrid and Barca the most competition they'd had in ages when he was at Valencia where he also won the UEFA Cup.
David Moyes took over a relegtion-threated side and turned them into a team expected of getting into Europe every season. He even got them into the top 4 in 2004/2005 and he also got them a cup final last year.

Now...tell me what Hughes has done as a manager before?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.