Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue44 has apologised and I’ve accepted it.

This is a story for another time but last year I had an emergency ileostomy to cut part of my bowel away as it was infected. It was cancerous. I’ve since had the all clear and am now a stoma bag wearing vegetarian.

I never used to understand how people could be so brave when undergoing this treatment and thought I’d crumble. You’ve just got to face it. It’s changed me considerably as a person.

blue44 has apologised and I’ve accepted it.

This is a story for another time but last year I had an emergency ileostomy to cut part of my bowel away as it was infected. It was cancerous. I’ve since had the all clear and am now a stoma bag wearing vegetarian.

I never used to understand how people could be so brave when undergoing this treatment and thought I’d crumble. You’ve just got to face it. It’s changed me considerably as a person.
Sorry to hear of your plight but a big congratulations for getting the all clear.
I really don't know what I would do and it terrifies me if it happens.

I used to want to watch football as much as I could and I would never need an invitation to talk about it. I would listen to/watch many programmes on the game. Admittedly, since we started winning trophies and the resulting reaction from the media and opposition fans, I have lost most of my interest and enthusiasm for the sport, in general. I find the reactions to our club and fellow Blues to be either ill-informed or agenda-driven, with the bile being mostly nauseating nonsense. Of course, I still love City, watch games and post here. However, I pretty much avoid everything else to do with the game. I now rarely reads articles about the game, I refuse to put on SSN or 5Live any more, very infrequently watch games not involving City and look to avoid conversations with football. I cannot even stomach the build-up of our games or the post-match analysis.

I used to be a football fan who loved City. Now I am a City supporter who doesn't like football.

I used to want to watch football as much as I could and I would never need an invitation to talk about it. I would listen to/watch many programmes on the game. Admittedly, since we started winning trophies and the resulting reaction from the media and opposition fans, I have lost most of my interest and enthusiasm for the sport, in general. I find the reactions to our club and fellow Blues to be either ill-informed or agenda-driven, with the bile being mostly nauseating nonsense. Of course, I still love City, watch games and post here. However, I pretty much avoid everything else to do with the game. I now rarely reads articles about the game, I refuse to put on SSN or 5Live any more, very infrequently watch games not involving City and look to avoid conversations with football. I cannot even stomach the build-up of our games or the post-match analysis.
I was the same, watched every prem game going, several every weekend, var has killed it and pigmol helping selected teams, now just watch our games, i am sad about it really

I used to be a football fan who loved City. Now I am a City supporter who doesn't like football.
I used to watch as many PL games as possible.
Now it would be rare that I watch one that doesn't involve City.
I'd never miss MOTD or MOTD2, but live games between Chelsea and West Ham, or Spurs v Liverpool don't really appeal to me.
I actually remember when it was a novelty a match on a Monday night on Sky and i never missed a game.
Blackburn v Chelsea with Tore Andre Flo playing - never missed a game. Suppose its part of growing up

Now I'd watch the odd live game such as United v Liverpool or Arsenal v United, but even if City were in a title race with another club i'd usually avoid watching it, or watch it until that rival team scores then give up.

I used to watch as many PL games as possible.
Now it would be rare that I watch one that doesn't involve City.
I'd never miss MOTD or MOTD2, but live games between Chelsea and West Ham, or Spurs v Liverpool don't really appeal to me.
I actually remember when it was a novelty a match on a Monday night on Sky and i never missed a game.
Blackburn v Chelsea with Tore Andre Flo playing - never missed a game. Suppose its part of growing up

Now I'd watch the odd live game such as United v Liverpool or Arsenal v United, but even if City were in a title race with another club i'd usually avoid watching it, or watch it until that rival team scores then give up.

If I was to expand on what I said, it would have reflected, pretty much, what you said.

You’ve pretty much exactly described my current relationship with football football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.