Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant remember looking forward to a game as much as i'm looking forward to Villa on Sunday...
Same here pal, can't wait.

It's our ingrained siege mentality that is rising to the surface again after laying dormant for years. Youngsters and newbies won't know what I'm on about but i think you know the score.

Problem with City is it's like Henry's problem with the Vatican in the 1520s. There was simply no provision for divorce! So (as you know), he had to rummage through some stuff in Leviticus (Old Testament) about “you shall not sleep with your brother's wife, if you do the marriage is null and void” — even if the brother in question was long dead when you got married to his missus…
And you know how that saga went in the next decade :-) Are we in for beheadings, rebellions, usurpations and the dissolution of the coffers of the Premier League?
I bloody hope so.

Last edited:
You'll never give up supporting City, you can't. How do i know ? cause i'm like you, been a City fan for 52 years, since sitting on the wall at Maine Road and watching them through thick and thin, ups and downs, but no matter what they are always in our hearts. It's our life. Keep the faith and enjoy all these good times (again) i'm loving it, just loving it.

Just on the charges, i heard this morning (friday) it will take around 4 years to sort this lot out and as you probably know City have the best lawyers around, namely Mr Pannick and i've don't enough of that for 50 odd years :)

I'm pretty sure City will have all the answers.

Football is beginning to eat itself at the so called elite level.

Self appointed important clubs thinking they should always be rich, anodyne control football played by over coached players who aren't allowed to express themselves or do anything exciting, and overseas owners with no connection to the clubs screwing fans over.

A 60% mid season rise of some match day prices for lower category games which were supposed to be cheaper (£30-£48 with two jumps) as the not so dynamic price setters realised they could squeeze a few quid out extra this season.

City peaked in 2019 but have the same expectations with a declining team 4 years later. Anything now this season is a bonus. There is a shadow over everything now, I doubt I will give away clubs another penny this season for more than one reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.