why is it dark at Ten O'clock ?

BimboBob said:
It is East to West.

Bognor 9.19pm.
Manchester 9.49pm.
Dublin 9.52pm.

So...

We were both wrong. But he was wronger.
I see your point if he used to live beyond the Irish sea but you also need to consider this latitudinally Bob

Bognor (lat 50.78) Sunrise 4.49 Bognor Sunset 21.19 daylight hours 16 hrs 30 minutes

Dublin (lat 53.34) Sunrise 4.57 Dublin Sunset 21.57 daylight 17 hrs

Manchester (lat 53.48) Sunrise 4.40 am Manchester Sunset 21.41 daylight 17 hrs 1 minute

Everywhere on Earth gets the same number of daylight hours annually; they're just distributed unevenly. In the arctic, the "midnight sun" in summer evens out the lack of any daylight in winter. At the equator, virtually every day gets 12 hours of daylight.

BimboBob said:
andyhinch said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think he was right Bob.
Think it more of an east west thing in England

No, no, no...France is an hour later than us and is further South so the sun sets later.

Same for East Grinstead.

Or was it West Grinstead?
The sun sets earlier the more southern you are. Hence 24 hour daylight at the North Pole at the minute.

It will go darker 1min 44secs sooner tonight than it did last night, then 1min 44sec earlier tomorrow and so on, if i have got it right from my long gone school days

SWP's back said:
BimboBob said:
andyhinch said:
Think it more of an east west thing in England

No, no, no...France is an hour later than us and is further South so the sun sets later.

Same for East Grinstead.

Or was it West Grinstead?
The sun sets earlier the more southern you are. Hence 24 hour daylight at the North Pole at the minute.

So no sun at the South Pole?

At all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.