Why Manchester City Will Head Manchester United This Season

citysky

This coming Premier League season will finally provide Manchester City fans with something special, the status of top dogs in one of the greatest footballing cities of the world.

But we are likely to see a reserved, yet bitter response from the Manchester United brethren as things are almost certain to stay that way for years to come.

As a young manager, Roberto Mancini is developing a quality and youthful squad at the behest of the worlds' wealthiest football owners at the heart of Manchester.

Meanwhile the old hand, Sir Alex Ferguson, oversees the continued decline of the once powerful United squad.

He does so with no real transfer budget and in the knowledge that things are only likely to get worse.

As Manchester City sit at the heart of a soon to be developed part of East Manchester, with an estimated budget of £1bn, United's ground is already looking less than ideal for the new world of luxury and glamour that the Emirates for example already provides.

And all of this will move into view at a time when Manchester City fans prepare to celebrate the 100th anniversary of United leaving the city of Manchester.

So the bunting is being unfurled, the balloons are being inflated and the table is being set in the Blue half of Manchester for a party that is certain to go on for years and years.

The trophies will surely start to arrive this season, and if not silverware then Champions League qualification will.

The year after will see an expanded City of Manchester Stadium and the first signs of what £1bn can deliver.

And over in Trafford, it is quite likely that Manchester United will have a new manager and a second rate squad (and some would argue third rate owners).

So the 2010 season will start a process which will quickly leave clear water between the two clubs with Manchester in their name and only one will truly be associated with the city.

Over the coming seasons, I predict that when people think of Manchester they will think more of City and the great football played in the midst of a world renowned leisure destination than of Bobby Charlton and the days of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Just as America took over as the world's wealthiest country, Manchester City will take over from United as the most dominant footballing power.

There are those who will say it won't, nay can't happen.

But in my humble opinion there seems nothing more certain given all the facts at my disposal.

not to rain on your parade but,

I think you need to toggle that humble-knob down a few more notches mate.

Most things there are speculations still and at most, educated guesses.

There are just many factors, working on the bias towards the Rags, that would try to keep them up there to milk the franchise that it is.

Our job, City, is to overtake them so fast on all fronts that they keep on making a mess of the bricks they are laying.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm --<br /><br />by 'on all fronts', i mean on the field, in the transfer window, in community development, in franchising, in not making enemies apart from the rags et al.

If we isolate them from everything they have been proud of, they would be so hurt it would be suicidal.

as much as i`m absolutely ecstatic at the developments at our beloved club, i feel we should show humility and not crow until we`ve actually won something. as my grandmother used to say "many a slip between cup and lip"

r.soleofsalford said:
as much as i`m absolutely ecstatic at the developments at our beloved club, i feel we should show humility and not crow until we`ve actually won something. as my grandmother used to say "many a slip between cup and lip"

Totally agree with you on this. I've been a City fan too long to take things for granted;-)

Apparently Ferguson has denied claims that he attempted to sign Sneijder (no shit?!).

He reckons the team he already has is all the more stronger for having spent another year in the Prem.

Yeah, like those youngsters Giggs, Scholes, Carrick and the permanently crocked Hargreaves and Ferdinand then.

Best not to get overconfident. United should still be strong this coming season, but City has a great chance to make a name for itself.

At this point, I fear Chelsea more than United. With the coming years though, what was Liverpool vs. United might well turn into City vs. Chelsea for quite a while. You never know, but reign in your optimism for now. ^_^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.