Why we should still be smiling today.

the gap is closing and city are coming!
our fans were brilliant last night whereas the scum just proved even more how scummier they are.
i'm proud to be a blue.

Agree completely. We still have our love for our club, and a very exciting future to hope for. Of course we wanted to win last night, but a defeat for us just delays our rise slightly. Defeat for them would have hinted at far more serious undertones, bringing back into focus their debts and the fact they are losing ground to us hourly.

I can't say I'm not gutted by last night, but for me sleeping on it has only reminded me how much we have to look forward to, and what an arrogant, snidey club that lot are, and in reality I think we all saw that it meant far more to them last night than they ever dared admit. Mickey Mouse Cup? Little City? Sorry rags, you've been rumbled. We do scare you after all, don't we?

I could go on about how Scholes shouldn't have been on the pitch to score that goal, how Wio seems to be rubbing the FA's elbow charge back in their faces and will probably get away with it too, and how we should have had a penalty. But so what? What good would that do? Three points against Portsmouth and we are back on track, and still in the FA Cup. The season is far from over for us, and with them still to come to us in April we can have a huge influence on the title by beating them at home again.

Pigeonho said:
I'm more than proud of us today. The difference was the experience, they knew what to do to progress, we didn't. We'll learn though.

On a downer, I had to lick my mates left bollock as a forfeit. Gutted.

I nearly spit coffee all over my screen, thankyou.

(is this true?!!)

LOL!

I am dissapointed with the result, but not that upset as i thought i would be.
Why?

We are no longer niosy neighbours. We forced them to field thier strongest team over 2 legs, and risk a extended ban to one of thier key men just so he can play against us.
We have had no where near our best team available in the 2 legs, and against thier strongest, lost out to an injury time goal.

We lost last night, because we had alot of players who are fantastic sqaud players but not upto the very top level. Look at the way Utd kept possesion, passsed into space, where we gave the ball away too easy at times and also found space hard to come by. Thats what you get with a settled team also, which we currently do not have and they do.

Its not about what you read today about thier mentallity and ours, heck we have shown more bottle this year than i can remember. I go into each game now thinking we wont lose. Alot of us were upset we only drew at Anfield. Thats where we have now come.

Fergusons team selection, his players past and present talking about us all the time in the lead up... THEY ARE WORRIED

Im a little dissapointed we have not strenghtened our weak areas in this market, ie full backs for one, but am confident we will do so in the summer. This squad we currently have + 3-4 better qaulity players in areas will make us alot stronger.

They can never ever say we dont matter to them, we arnt their rivals ever again due to how they celebrated beating us in a competition they were not bothered about a few years back, before they had proper challenges like Chelsea for the title.

|A win over Portsmouth now is vital, we are in the last 16 of the FA cup with a great chance of the last 8 . We are very handily sat in the premiership, and we just gace the champions a hell of a tie over two legs with us being depleted

i didnt get a single jab today on our loss from a dozen rag fans i know.

its very surprising that what i got from them was a sense of insecurity, and some, fear.

perhaps its to do with us giving them one of the scares of their lives last night. perhaps they know, that the future is indeed blue. i lived my day today feeling a great sense of pride. we have come.

i am not smiling and can't after last night
we shouldn't have made the simple errors we did for the first two goals

now have plastics coming out of the woodwork to give us shit

Best way to look at is...

Its been 18 months since the takeover and we have already been in a semi final...Ok we lost to the holders...no crime in that is there.??

The FA CUP is our next agenda and we have just been given( by the scum) some vital help as to where we have to improve to progress to the final..

Always a positive to be found in any situation.. CTID.

PS.. Boyata is a gem who will do the bizz.(19 yrs old)

RobbieBrewer said:
Do you know what?As I left the swamp last night I sat there and thought "okay they beat us-so what?"

We lost,but as I looked around,apart from being subjected to the bizarre rag tactic of a collection of absloutely cringeworthy tunes being played at a ridiculously high volume in a sad attempt to create "atmosphere"- and a few lads arguing with the dibble about being refused a chance to take a "going home" piss-our heads were still high.
I didn't hear or feel the anger and sense of injustice after the 4-3 defeat earlier in the season...I certainly didn't feel the crushing sense of disappointment after the abject cup defeat to Blackburn a few seasons ago...

I just felt proud of my team,my club and my fellow Blues.And ever more grateful that's the last time this season I have to visit the footballing equivalent of Disney World-the spiritual home of the plastic.

As we were let out straight into the oncoming rag hordes,I walked my way through the collection of mouthy oddballs,curious tourists,out of towners and M6 day trippers wearing a strange collection of snide Norwich City sacrves and red shirts.
After a kindly policewoman on a horse offered me a chance to "keep walking" the opposite way I was actually trying to go,I eventually made my way to the coach.

Strangely,I realised that I wasn't gutted..... I knew deep down that this was just the start.
The FA cup,the top four league position,timed perfectly with the return of Ade,Toure,Bridge,Lescott etc-all still to play for.

So let the rags have their day out at our expense,in a cup they arrogantly classed as"Mickey Mouse" until they drew us.
Their reaction to the win last night speaks volumes about us,rather than them.

Have faith-for the time is near.And it will taste sooooo good.

Great post.

Onwards and upwards!

my rag mate is saying he doesnt care about that cup anymore and hopes Fergie puts kids out against Villa, shows we put it up them

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.