Why Why Why???

agree totally baldy. took lennon off who was having a reasonable game and put that slow has been on who cant even take the free kicks hes supposedly expert at.then put swp on the left 2 accomodate him.should of stuck swp on rt/shifted lennon to left and left crouch on as fox in the box.
james still looks a liability too. some dodgy communication with his back 4!
just told my lad cant get excited about england since 1972.perhaps when keegan was playing for a while and the gazza era but otherwise boring!!!!!!

xmusampa said:
agree totally baldy. took lennon off who was having a reasonable game and put that slow has been on who cant even take the free kicks hes supposedly expert at.then put swp on the left 2 accomodate him.should of stuck swp on rt/shifted lennon to left and left crouch on as fox in the box.
james still looks a liability too. some dodgy communication with his back 4!
just told my lad cant get excited about england since 1972.perhaps when keegan was playing for a while and the gazza era but otherwise boring!!!!!!

Germany 5-1 thats about it for me, oh and when we use to get knocked out on pens all time...

Is it over yet??
I'd rather listen to the shipping forecast on radio 4 than watch that crap.
Choppy waters tonight lads across the seas.............

European manager, European style of play! 15 out of 15 is hard to argue with, though, isn't it?!

As for Lennon, one trick pony on the outside all game.

Beckham? Made a few penetrating crosses; one that Rooney hit into side netting and the other created the second goal! Other than that? Nada!

SWP? Not sure why Capello did not bring Downing on if he wanted a left winger late in the game, but it looked like he wanted a left midfielder on defence and an inside left on attack out of SWP.

Funny how Crouch went off and no-one was quite sure what to do with the ball when it was in England's half and we wanted to go forward! STILL knocked it high up the middle for Shrek to win in the air!!!

England need to play 4-3-2-1, like most teams these days.

...................Foster/Hart
Johnson..Ferdinand..Terry......Cole
..SWP............Lampard........Barry
........Gerrard.............Rooney
....................Crouch

ChicagoBlue said:
European manager, European style of play! 15 out of 15 is hard to argue with, though, isn't it?!

I don't suppose you can BUT it's the inconsistence of the man that gets on my nerves. He says players only get picked if they play regularly but then plays Foster, why not Hart? He states he'll only play players in the postion they play for thier clubs (with regard to Richards) but then plays SWP on the left. H seems to have na agenda against ceratin players and I don't like that. Whatever Owens done to him must be bad for Darren 'never scores but plays for Spurs' Bent to get the call up ahead of him.

forevercity said:
clairepartyring said:
And why is that lighthouse playing up front?? He is bobbins.

proof birds shouldnt watch footy....... ;)

jk!

Lol, i do know my football but do you honestly think Peter Crouch is international standard???
If you do then i seriously would re consider your knowledge.

Not a dig by the way :)

dannybcity said:
ChicagoBlue said:

I don't suppose you can BUT it's the inconsistence of the man that gets on my nerves. He says players only get picked if they play regularly but then plays Foster, why not Hart? He states he'll only play players in the postion they play for thier clubs (with regard to Richards) but then plays SWP on the left. H seems to have na agenda against ceratin players and I don't like that. Whatever Owens done to him must be bad for Darren 'never scores but plays for Spurs' Bent to get the call up ahead of him.

I think he is a fanatic for high levels of fitness. In addition, I think he has a VERY specific idea of the level of TECHNICAL ability a player needs, in every position/role, to play at the highest levels. I think you will agree that he LIKES players who show significant level of technical ability and I think that is where Richards has fallen back slightly, plus the fact that he has been carrying injuries and not been playing due to injury on numerous call-ups.

I don't disagree that Richards has the ability to play at the top levels, but I think it is only fair to recognize that he has had a very spotty season so far, only coming into his own in recent weeks.

As for Owen, I think his injures have greatly hampered his chances AND the fact that he nearly always plays with a single striker who can hold the ball up, as opposed to a poacher who loves to play on the shoulder of the last defender. I suppose Rooney is Owens' direct opposition in the team, and I think he loses that match up every time on current form.

All that said, I am sure he has favorites who will get the benefit of the doubt more than once. Sadly, Owen and Richards are not included in that group yet.

Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.