Why you supported our wonderful club

Indaparkside

Someone asked me this last night??
What made you become a blue.
Me personally had no choice all my family are blue so just carried on the tradition and started going early 70’s. be interested to see/ hear how you became a follower of our magnificent club.

My uncle the only blue from seven siblings dragged me of to the Platt Lane at the age of five stating to the rest of the family I was going to be a blue. Some 56 years later I am still in love. As I often say to Mrs Spanish I love you but City were my first love which pisses her off somewhat being a rag : )

Mam’s side of the family: City fans from Moss Side
Was never going to be owt else!

My Father’s side: Grandad (born in 1906 and was 54 when he had my Dad), who I actually never met as he died in the 1970s before I was born, well he had watched City at Hyde Road stadium.

City family going right back to the beginning.

I have my brother to thank. He's a year older than me. My dad wasn't really into football, and my mum wasn't too fussed either, although her family were blues. When we grew up in the sixties, we loved playing football in the garden and on good days in Wythenshawe Park, near where we lived. Anyway, my brother chose United, so that automatically meant I had to choose City to be contrary to him. My younger brother, sister and my mum all followed me and chose City, and my older brother and his family remain the only United fans in the family.

I never regretted the choice. In the late sixties, early seventies, we would go to Wythenshawe Park during the school holidays to play footy and also to watch City train. Joe Corrigan was always last in the long runs, not far behind Franny Lee. Colin Bell was always near the front. Malcolm Allison used to give the orders, and we would get the autographs of all our favourite players.

I got a paper round with the Moorcroft Shops newsagent when I was old enough, and that helped me buy my first few season tickets. The best memory I have of around that time was Colin Bell's comeback. Newcastle didn't stand a chance that day. In fact no team would have spoiled that particular party. Happy days!!

soccer-coach-pep-guardiola-photographed-on-july-16-in-barcelona-spain-picture-id804165476

Last edited:
Like most, my Dad took me. But turns out my Mum’s Uncle played for City too. Pre war.

Had no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.