Why you supported our wonderful club

City has always been a nicer more family club. My sister took me to swamp in 1972 and I was scarred for life. I went home and asked my Dad to take me to Maine Road and the rest is history

My Mum and Dad were Rugby League fans, and football was never mentioned in our house. I really got into football during the 66 World Cup when I was 9. I pestered my parents to take me to a football match, but they wouldn't, but they agreed to let my older cousin take me to a game as she was a big fan. She was also a Rag, so my first game was watching the Rags at OT.

A few days later our neighbour Joyce called round, and I told her about my visit to the match. ''Hmm'' says Joyce, ''I go to football all the time, would you like to come to a game with me? '' So I did, every home game at Maine Road for the next 3 years, at which point I started to go with some mates.

If you are still around Joyce, and you read this. Thank you. I love you.

My old fella first took me in 67. Used to bring a little stool so I could see over the Kippax wall. R.I.P dad and thanks.

Do you know what pal people mention their dads rightfully so?? But mum god rest her sole never stepped foot in any football stadium used to make me laugh and I still giggle every time I think of it. She could be cleaning, cooking etc but as soon as Ferguson came on telly you’d here this voice from somewhere in the house!! Oh I hate him god love ya mum x

Do you know what pal people mention their dads rightfully so?? But mum god rest her sole never stepped foot in any football stadium used to make me laugh and I still giggle every time I think of it. She could be cleaning, cooking etc but as soon as Ferguson came on telly you’d here this voice from somewhere in the house!! Oh I hate him god love ya mum x

Nice one fella. My mam has just turned 86 and absolutely loves it when Utd lose.

All my family are blues and have been for over a 100 years.

My Great Grandad first went to a game in 1919. After the great war he got a job at ardwick train depot and started to watch City at Hyde Road.

Then he took my grandad to Maine Road in the early 30's

My grandad took my dad to his first game in the early 60's

My dad then took me to my first game in 1983 Vs Grimsby

My Dad's Uncle took him to Maine Road in 1924 and he was hooked, now we are into the fifth generation of City supporters. I went to my first game in 1964 My Brothers went to St Mark's school as well We don't know how long my great uncle was watching City for unfortunately, so I suppose we could be accused of being "Glory hunters"

Cub trip from Middleton 1968, Wednesday night game against Everton on the title run in.
Couldn't believe the lights and atmosphere, and City won (3-0 I think) City had Franny and Tony Coleman as wingers (Buzzer was CF at that time)
Thus it all began! Good God, thats 50 years ago.
Thanks Steve Smith's dad for organising, who would have known.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.