WiFi issue help

Lemon7277

Morning...having issues with my mobile when connected to my home WiFi...had my phone for around 8 months and never had any issues,bit this last 2 days it has been disconnecting from the WiFi for no apparent reason...the only way to get it back connected is to re boot the router but after around an hour or so of doing the reboot it does it again..thing is mine is the only device to disconnect all other devices in the house stay online...I'm on virgin and which had the option of 2.4 or 5ghz...mainly all the devices ( approx 8 )are connected are on the 2.4 range....only the kids tablets have the facility to change them to 5ghz....could the problem lie in to many devices connected to the 2.4 or does it look like a handset issue...any ideas and replies would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me mad

First steps:

- 'forget' the wifi on your phone and set it up again as if you've never connected.
- restart handset
- change channel number on router

then report back :)

Morning...having issues with my mobile when connected to my home WiFi...had my phone for around 8 months and never had any issues,bit this last 2 days it has been disconnecting from the WiFi for no apparent reason...the only way to get it back connected is to re boot the router but after around an hour or so of doing the reboot it does it again..thing is mine is the only device to disconnect all other devices in the house stay online...I'm on virgin and which had the option of 2.4 or 5ghz...mainly all the devices ( approx 8 )are connected are on the 2.4 range....only the kids tablets have the facility to change them to 5ghz....could the problem lie in to many devices connected to the 2.4 or does it look like a handset issue...any ideas and replies would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me mad

Only happens with the home wifi?

What phone is it?

I had an iPhone (4s, so a while ago now) that lost WiFi connectivity. It was because the WiFi chip in the phone had died, luckily it was under warranty so had it replaced.

Try and get to another WiFi network and establish if the problem is your WiFi, or your phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.