WIFI Range

WNRH

My house had a converted garage not connected to the house which I'm hoping to turn into an office for a new business.

The Sky broadband router is in the front room so the wifi signal is non existent as it has to go through two walls, 10 meteres outside and then another wall into the garage/office.

I've tried a Sky Booster which hasn't worked and I've now tried a TP link which uses the power line to transfer to wifi, but I've just realised the garage/office is not connected to the same power line as the house as it has a differentl box.

What are my options now? A super strength wifi router? If so, what's the best one to get

Thanks in advance.

Get yourself a decent router put the sky router into modem mode connect decent router viola
Look at something like the Asus n66u or similar. You need decent signal strength and antennas from your router.

My house had a converted garage not connected to the house which I'm hoping to turn into an office for a new business.

The Sky broadband router is in the front room so the wifi signal is non existent as it has to go through two walls, 10 meteres outside and then another wall into the garage/office.

I've tried a Sky Booster which hasn't worked and I've now tried a TP link which uses the power line to transfer to wifi, but I've just realised the garage/office is not connected to the same power line as the house as it has a differentl box.

What are my options now? A super strength wifi router? If so, what's the best one to get

Thanks in advance.

Posted this link in another thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/18-best-powerline-adapters-2015-2016-uk-3490638/ and I know you've already said you've tried a Powerline Adapter but there might be one in here that could do the job.

Posted this link in another thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/18-best-powerline-adapters-2015-2016-uk-3490638/ and I know you've already said you've tried a Powerline Adapter but there might be one in here that could do the job.
I think he's said that the garage and house are on separate circuits so they wouldn't work.

What might work @WNRH is if you used powerline converters from your router to a room overlooking the garage and then plug the Sky booster into the one nearest the garage (Sitting on a windowsill maybe)?
You may not even need the booster if the powerlines have a suitably strong WiFi built in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.