Wilfried Bony - gone to Swansea official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marseille have held talks with City's Wilfried Bony as a potential €15m back-up plan to Carlos Bacca. Fenerbahçe also interested. [L'Equipe]

Marseille director Zubizarreta spoke with Bony several days ago to discuss his situation and the conditions of a transfer. [France Football]

Not sure why people think Bony isn't a good fit for Bielsa, sure he likes his high-intensity pressing but he also likes target men, Fernando Llorente at Athletic Bilbao, Gignac/Ayew at Marseille..

That said it's still unlikely as it carries some risk

Marseille would be a good move but I am not building my hopes up on Bony ending up there (or at another club) just yet.

Last edited:
Marseille would be a good move but I am not building my hopes up on Bony ending up there (or at another club) just yet.

Marseille have some money and are in the market for a striker in his mould. So it's not entirely impossible. Bacca/Giroud definitely seem a little out of their reach (this coming from a Marseille supporting mate of mine who lives down there).

Marseille have some money and are in the market for a striker in his mould. So it's not entirely impossible. Bacca/Giroud definitely seem a little out of their reach (this coming from a Marseille supporting mate of mine who lives down there).

He will do well there (providing he can get himself motivated) it's a reasonable fee. The only problem is Bony's wages could be a problem.

Not sure why people think Bony isn't a good fit for Bielsa, sure he likes his high-intensity pressing but he also likes target men, Fernando Llorente at Athletic Bilbao, Gignac/Ayew at Marseille..

That said it's still unlikely as it carries some risk

I wouldn't buy him, so I can hardly see an experienced manager of a big club buying someone that couldn't get in Stoke's team last season

Hopefully he'll go, for his own sake more than anything, I just can't see him going to a team with a vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.