Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
A loan definitely seems like the better option. Easy few quid for the likes of Koke or Pogba and we can keep an eye on him in case we require his services next season.

i don't think so. Jovetic was overpriced (by a small amount though) when we bought him. A realistic valuation will be close to 20 million however injuries and the fact that he hasn't been noteworthy would probably bring it down to 15M.

i actually think a better option would be to loan him out and then if the club wants to buy make it a high price like Chelsea did with de bruyne.

dzeko is a different story. His wages might be an issue but if he doesn't make a fuss (i.e. He really wants to play) then he shouldn't have issues and a 20 million valuation given that he is about to turn 29 would probably be fair

wages were the reason the tevez sale was so low

I think we're saying the same thing? A loan with option to buy.
sorry i was replying to the poster you quoted.

@BluePhil8 said:
McfcMK said:
Goal now also saying the £27 million fee agreed
The striker is set to join the Premier League champions in a £27m deal with Manuel Pellegrini's men now finalising personal terms with the 26-year-old
Manchester City have agreed a £27 million move for Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony, Goal understands.

The Premier League champions have been trying to conclude a deal with the Welsh club for the past week, and the club are now finalising personal terms with Bony.

Vitesse, Bony's former club, are due to receive 10 per cent of the total fee due to a clause in his move to the Liberty Stadium.

It is understood the Ivory Coast striker will earn around £75,000 per week at the Etihad Stadium, as the Blues can only spend the same amount on wages as they did in the 2013-14 seasons due to the Financial Fair Play restrictions placed upon them by Uefa.

He will, however, earn a number of bonuses and incentives.

The base £75,000 amount is roughly what is earned by defender Matija Nastasic, who has found himself out of the first team this season and is on the verge of January move, with Schalke leading the chase.

FFP restrictions have weighed heavily on City's recent transfer dealings, with the club entitled to spend less than £50m in the summer market in order to avoid a Uefa fine of the same amount.

The penalties were also thought to be the reason behind letting striker Alvaro Negredo, who hit the ground running at the start of last season, leave the club for Valencia on a loan deal in the final days of the transfer window.

City have relied on the goals of Sergio Aguero at certain points this season, with Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko both struggling with injuries, although they did manage to close the gap on league leaders Chelsea without their Argentine striker over the Christmas period.
Goal have been more reliable than any of the red tops for City news in recent years.
Looks like this deal is close to happening.

Kun and or Bony should be a fearsome partnership.

bluwes said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Not many people bully Vinnie but Mr Bony did.

He'll add sum pace and muscle up front.

In certain games at home and possibly away a fully fit Aguero with this powerhouse will cause all sorts of trouble for defenders and I for one can't wait.

he'll get booked and sent off doing what he has done for the last two seasons when he plays for us. Remember when Quinn used to get penalised all the time when he was a Blue. Moves to Sunland and gets away with the same stuff.

Hiya Wes, have a good Christmas and New Year?

I know what your saying but hopefully he'll add another dimension to our game, and you never know perhaps even a plan B from the bench in certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.