Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
i♥city! said:
FantasyIreland said:
i♥city! said:
so who should we send packing ? Edin or Stefan ?

Kolarov

No need keeping Edin, Stefan and Bony. I think we should let Edin go. Stefan is younger and fits the style of play better.

Edin will probably be the one to make way. Especially since I think Jovetic is seen more and more by Pellers (and himself) as an AM as opposed to a striker, someone who could rotate with Nasri while adding a bigger goal threat.

Surely expensive for 30m, some CL proven strikers can be bought for that or not much more of course maybe not in January. Costa and Sanchez didnt cost lot more than 30m and they had CL experience as well.

Another facotr how much he is gonna play. Back around first week of February of after that. Until that Aguero, Dzeko both should be 100% fit. This means rotation but some of our remaining games will require the one striker formation much more than two strikers.

Hard to see him getting 10 starting chances between February and May.

Also what if he gets injured with Ivory Coast? What if its aserious one?

I see we dont only sign him until May but for next two seasons at least (cant plan much ahead look at Negredo's short career here...).

Still for 30m bit expensive.

Big challenge will be is that he is star player for Swansea, number one striker here is gonna be just one of the strikers maybe number 3 or number 4, and rarely start 3 games in a row. Impressing from the bench, then next game he starts and doesnt score he maybe unused sub the game after that.
Thats what he is jumping into hopefully he can handle it because its the same for Dzeko and Jovetic.

@BluePhil8 said:
Absolute shite.

Txiki Begiristain's transfer policy is woeful. We have a severely restricted budget so why are we using it all on Mangala and Bony. Those are Liverpool and Tottenham level signings. Madrid and Barcelona have no interest in average players like these so why do we.

It's like United have accepted our former policy of signing Di Maria and other great world stars like we did with Agüero and Silva and we have accepted there old one of signing shite like Phil Jones.

People will say we are winning trophies so it obviously works but I am seriously concerned. Looks like we have no long term plan for replacing Toure, shouldn't we be in for Pogba? No rush to address our lack of threat from the wings, Reus would solve this?

£30 million for Bony what a fucking joke.

That's all well and good but tell us how you really feel!

Would rather play Silva in behind Aguero. If Bony is happy being 2nd choice then that's great. Wouldn't be happy having him take Sergio's space, though.

Asad said:
If we get him, will he be able to play in the Champions League because my brother was saying that he can't I don't know why? Can someone clear this up for me?

He'll play CL. Swansea isn't in Europe, that was last season

MeatHunterrr said:
i♥city! said:
FantasyIreland said:

No need keeping Edin, Stefan and Bony. I think we should let Edin go. Stefan is younger and fits the style of play better.
This

disagree we can keep all 4 , with negredo off for permanent ...edin may be fustrating most of the time...but score at the most important of times...jovetic is the one I am doubtful for ...especially his injury record ..but hope he comes good

Manchester_lalala said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hilarious that some on here are using all kinds of bollocks to put a negative slant on the deal.

Its a fucking great signing,the most exciting in a long while.

My best has just text me saying hahaha bony 30 million. The twat is a Liverpool fan, he'd walk into there team. Can see dzeko or jovetic on the way in the summer, probably dzeko due to his age.

For people who don't rate him, do you actually watch him play? Yes we missed out in Sanchez in the summer, but bony will defintley help us out in the title run in. Can't wait for a bony and aguero partnership. He's got a bit of everything, something we've been missing since the beast left.
£30m is what Costa and Sanchez and Fabregas went for. Mandzucic £23m.

In what world is Bony equal to that calibre of player and how in any way is a 26 year old with no champions league experience worth £30m.

@BluePhil8 said:
Absolute shite.

Txiki Begiristain's transfer policy is woeful. We have a severely restricted budget so why are we using it all on Mangala and Bony. Those are Liverpool and Tottenham level signings. Madrid and Barcelona have no interest in average players like these so why do we.

It's like United have accepted our former policy of signing Di Maria and other great world stars like we did with Agüero and Silva and we have accepted there old one of signing shite like Phil Jones.

People will say we are winning trophies so it obviously works but I am seriously concerned. Looks like we have no long term plan for replacing Toure, shouldn't we be in for Pogba? No rush to address our lack of threat from the wings, Reus would solve this?

Can't really speak for them, but I think the idea behind signing Mangala was getting one of the most promising young central defenders in Europe who happens to be an athletic freak, and the idea behind Bony is signing a young player with his best years still ahead of him, who scored more goals in the league in 2014 than any other striker.

Just a guess. Not saying I agree with the priority placed on purchasing a striker right now, but if you're slagging our transfer activity and praising United's I'd maybe choose to disagree.

@BluePhil8 said:
Absolute shite.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...to-defender-mangala-monacos-kondogbia-4021884

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...elona-chase-eliaquim-mangala-transfer-3181173

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...ilfried-Bony/story-25797340-detail/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.