Will AI wipe out humanity?

It will happen when, "in your mind you have just had the best sex in your life, in fact you just an old fuck wearing Headset 3000 in your living room.

You haven't eaten in 24 Hours, the apartment stinks and the neighbours are complaining about the odour.
Your Landlord finds you in a most deprived state.

Meanwhile AI is depleting your funds and extracting your nutrients to fuel the " Machine"

All this while you in a perpetual state if bliss. Oblivious.

I just asked AI "what is the biggest threat to humanity".. It didn't say "Me" :)

That is a very difficult question to answer, as different people may have different opinions and perspectives on what constitutes a threat to humanity. However, based on some sources, here are some possible candidates:

- **Nuclear war**: This could cause massive destruction, radiation, climate change and long-term health effects for humans and other living beings¹².
- **Bioengineered pandemic**: This could result from accidental or intentional release of genetically modified organisms that could spread rapidly and cause widespread disease and death¹².
- **Superintelligence**: This could result from the development of artificial intelligence that surpasses human intelligence and could potentially harm or outcompete humans¹².
- **Nanotechnology**: This could result from the manipulation of matter at the atomic scale that could create new materials, weapons or self-replicating machines that could pose risks to humans and the environment¹².
- **Climate change**: This could result from the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere that could alter the Earth's climate and cause extreme weather events, sea level rise, biodiversity loss, food insecurity, water scarcity, migration and conflict²³.
- **Population growth**: This could result from the increase in human numbers that could exceed the Earth's carrying capacity and put pressure on natural resources, ecosystems and social systems⁵.

Of course, these are not the only possible threats to humanity, and there may be others that are unknown or unforeseen. The ranking and likelihood of these threats may also vary depending on different scenarios and assumptions. Therefore, it is important to be aware of these risks and take actions to prevent or mitigate them.

Agreed, tell me one thing we haven't poisoned.
Waterways, oceans, land, air, sky. All poisoned to fuck, and it's getting much worse.

I mean, it's pretty funny really. All the GPU's and all the algorithms in the world, could never show me anything as true, or create a single second as beautiful, as I saw on Thursday, just watching the leaves in a particular tree in the light, watching the light dance in the various ripples and flows and layers of our local stream. Everything we build is so clumsy and ugly, compared to nature, that it's just hilarious. A joke. I hope more people start to get it, and get the random lifetime ambition to plant a tree or six.
I think that mankind has created some wonderful, remarkable things. Things which are intangible as well as physical.
Nature doesn't only produce beautiful things either and it is 'red in tooth and claw'.
We take inspiration from nature, as you have from the sunlight shining through the leaves of a tree, but don't forget, nature also has a dark side ....

I think that mankind has created some wonderful, remarkable things. Things which are intangible as well as physical.
Nature doesn't only produce beautiful things either and it is 'red in tooth and claw'.
We take inspiration from nature, as you have from the sunlight shining through the leaves of a tree, but don't forget, nature also has a dark side ....
Like Volcanoes and meteors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.